Ok guys i currently got a MG100dfx and gonan sell it around 200-300 euros (in cyprus prices are like that)

And also i got a Zoom G9.2tt and im thinking to sell it around 500 euros (i live in cyprus)

Im thinking to sell both of them and buy a new Peavey 6505+ 112 combo which is around 530 euros.

With the remain cash im thinking to buy few effect pedals like reverb , delay , noise gate..etc

That do you say ? what do you suggest?

Change my zoom with a all tube amp ?

I got a Bc Rich BEAST NT and play stuff like megadeth , slayer and also RHCP style.

Im going to use them at live. like 1-2 concerts per month. And also in small pub events.

Edit: I dont have extra cash

and im going to buy from thomann.de greece
Last edited by vaca11 at Jul 24, 2010,
yeah 6505+ is cool

But not sure about effects ?

im going to need noise gate , reverb , delay at least..

My GF got a RP50 may be it can help ?

Or should i buy them seperately ?

or should i buy a small pod guy ?

Lol xD
Quote by Jackamedmos
the 6505+ 112 has built in delay and reverb which are pretty decent.

No, It doesn't.

I would suggest buying pedals in the order you've listed them (Noisegate, reverb, delay) seeing as a noise gate is one of the most important pieces of gear to own with a 6505 amp. the only other pedal I think would be nice to have is a chorus to run on the clean channel. The the Canelectro Cool Cat chorus is pretty kickass for the price.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jul 24, 2010,
Ohh cool. The amp hasnt got any effects thats right..

so a chorus

what do you suggest for others ?
or should i rent my gf's rp50 ?

or buy a cheap pedal
Quote by vaca11
Ohh cool. The amp hasnt got any effects thats right..

so a chorus

what do you suggest for others ?
or should i rent my gf's rp50 ?

or buy a cheap pedal

Multi effects are only nice when you;re starting out and want to sample all of the effects. you're better off to get good single pedals over a longer period of time.

you could probably get a noise gate, chorus and a reverb for under $150 if you are patient and are willing to buy on eBay.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
No, It doesn't.

I would suggest buying pedals in the order you've listed them (Noisegate, reverb, delay) seeing as a noise gate is one of the most important pieces of gear to own with a 6505 amp. the only other pedal I think would be nice to have is a chorus to run on the clean channel. The the Canelectro Cool Cat chorus is pretty kickass for the price.

Silly me, was thinking of the Bogner Alchemist.
For your styles, I'd take a look at the Peavey Vypyr Tube. You're not going to get good RHCP tones out of a 6505.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Actually i just need a decent and very clean clean sound (wtf?)

I think 6505+'s cleans is decent also im not sure abouth vyper kings dist output and quality
Quote by vaca11
Actually i just need a decent and very clean clean sound (wtf?)

I think 6505+'s cleans is decent also im not sure abouth vyper kings dist output and quality

As far as output, the 6505 and Vypyr Tube 60 are both rated at 60 Watts RMS, and both have tube power amps. So, in theory, they should be very similar in terms of output. As far as distortion quality, the 6505 is no doubt better, but the Vypyr Tube is by no means anywhere near what I would call 'poor.'

If you're playing RHCP, you need good cleans. I agree that the 6505 has decent cleans, but they're really nothing special.

Anyways, you may also want to check out a used Line 6 Vetta, which sounds better than both of these amps overall IMO.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by vaca11
ebay... isnt it dangerous ?

im looking at thomann.de greece

no. At least that's the case if you're smart. a couple rules of thumb, though:
1) If it looks too good to be true, it usually is
2)If you are wary of the seller, sends him emails, ask him questions and rephrase them a little differently everytime.
3) make sure you know all the costs before buying. that $400 Boogie might look like a steal, but when the auction ends and you have to pay another $500 in shipping, you just boned yourself.
4) when in doubt, back out.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by vaca11
a Line6 vs 6505+ ??

quite interesting.

First of all, stop generalizing about brands. Line 6 makes some very good products outside of the spiders. Next, do realize that the Vetta retails for more than the 6505+. While price is clearly not an indicator of quality, a $1000 difference in MSRP says something about the difference that must exist simply due to economics. The Vetta is a great amp.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Ohh i see...

So suggest me a good amp. around 500euros (max)

I must sell my zoom g9.2tt and Mg100dfx for it

And buy few danelectro pedals.
Quote by vaca11
ebay... isnt it dangerous ?

Yes, I've heard you can catch lethal diseases from eBay, not to mention the venomous animals.

I think that your choice would be a good one.

For the delay, it depends how much you would want to spend. For something cheap, the GFS Delay is a great choice. More expensively, I was thinking about the MXR Carbon Copy is good, but a tad dark. I decided on the GFS one, because I didn't think the CC was worth it.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Actually i dont want a vyper. I got a zoom g9.2tt now which do alot more job than vyper. And not sure abouth its sound as an amp.

Line 6 vettas are tooo much expensive for my poor budget

any ideas ?
Quote by WtrPlyr
Dude, stop bumping your thread after an hour, it's annoying and against the rules.

Yeah i know but i got a very limited budget and a short time.
Quote by vaca11
reply reply reply.

I also found this one. Its in dicsount in my friends shop

http://www.cggeorgallis.com/product.php?pid=387&lid=3&cid=25

worth it ?

I say buy it. I've never owned one, but i've played them before out in shops and it was alot better than I expected. Not a Peavey killer by any means, but it was good for what it was: a moderately priced metal tube amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
yeah and in a discount like 381 euros

450 euros seems like steal for it.