I'm really digging the bite the amp has, as well as the pretty low price tag here in GB. My only worry is pushing it into metal territory.. The stuff I write calls for a gainy crunch with clarity and bite, but I'd still like to able to play whatever I want..

I have a bad monkey overdrive, but again I'm not sure if it'll be enough. I've seen plenty of vids on youtube were it seems it may be possible, but there aare few clips on youtube of the amp and very hit and miss on sound quality.

Thoughts? Opinions? Donations?
In stock form the VM is more of a 70's Rock type gain. With gains maxed think AC/DC. A bad monkey might get you close to metal territory, but I think you'd be better off with a JCM900 or 2000.
I would use a dime bag distortion pedal. That is what my uncle uses to get a real heavy tone.
Can be done easily, my bandmate has one. Tried it boosted with an OD with my 7-string, sounded vicious.
Quote by Metalmaster94
I would use a dime bag distortion pedal. That is what my uncle uses to get a real heavy tone.

Quote by Keskimaki
Can be done easily, my bandmate has one. Tried it boosted with an OD with my 7-string, sounded vicious.

Very hard to not make a 7 string sound vicious though