Hello,

I own a Washburn X10B and all of a sudden there is a buzz which is most annoying on 7th fret of G string. It only happens on that string (when I try to bend a lower or higher string to the G it also buzzes).

Things I've tried:

*Adjust truss rod (both high and low) - didn't help
*Adjust guitar saddle for that string(screw the tiny scews) - didn't help
*Lower/Higher bridge adjustment - didn't help

Any suggestions that might help? (other than taking it to a technician)
have you checked for a raised fret

use a steel ruler and find the raised fret by finding the fret that causes the ruler to rock back and forth
I could try that, although I don't think it's that which causes the buzz because I had the same issue several days ago and I fixed it by messing around with the bridge.

I think the bridge is what is causing it but I haven't succeeded when trying to fix it.
Let me know if anyone else got any ideas on that.
Last edited by zefs at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
have you checked for a raised fret

use a steel ruler and find the raised fret by finding the fret that causes the ruler to rock back and forth

Assuming the neck is perfectly straight.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Assuming the neck is perfectly straight.

no neck should be perfectly straight, i neglected to mention that it`s best to use a short 4" ruler as you only need to cover 3 frets and also you are placing the ruler on the frets not the fingerboard.

the fact that it`s occuring around the 7th fret even suggests a neck that is too straight or has back bow
Quote by ibanezgod1973
no neck should be perfectly straight,

Why not? Some people like it that way.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
The neck is straight, I also tried adjusting the truss rod until the strings went pretty high but still there was the same buzz on the same fret(s).

What else should I check in order to fix the issue?
Anyone? It is really annoying, what else should I try in order to fix this issue?
It almost has to be a low 7th fret or a high 8th around the G string's position. If it were a neck relief issue then it would affect more than just this one string.

Grab a credit card (or similar card) that's in good shape. Use one of the long edges to span frets 7-8-9 where the G string is and see if the card 'rocks' back and forth. If so then you know for a fact that there's a high/low fret in that area. By doing the same for a number of 3 fret spans around that area you can pinpoint which fret is the true culprit.
Last edited by webwarmiller at Aug 3, 2010,