So I took a trip to my local music store hoping to get my basses of my hands that i dont use for a couple nice pedals...so i was looking for a crybaby 535q but they had to order it. They gave me 130(just enought even trade) for my Ibanez gsr200 and Ibanez sr405..i was expecting to get at the least 300. But hey i wanted to support my local store cause theyre going through rough financial times and im close to the owner. As i was leaving with the receipt in my hand i was thinking in my head "i probably could have gotten 3 times more than this on craigslist"..so do you think i got burnt?

ps: im going through a jimi hendrix phase so thats why i wanted a wah so bad cause i didnt have any cash
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Yes you got burnt. The SR405 would have brought more than 130 by itself. You should have listed them here in the gear ads.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Jul 24, 2010,
Any time you trade in anything to another store, they'll give you 1/3rd of the what it's worth (if you're lucky). You have to remember, they need to make a profit on it as well.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
shit. o well least i was a good friend for helping out my local business rather than letting guitar center take over the industry(they are greedy as hell too so who cares?)
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Oh yeah, you got cheated. Its strange, it seems like local music stores like to screw you, and the chain stores will give you a much better bargain. I won't even buy strings from my local music store because how much they overprice them.
yes
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by Karpet King
So I took a trip to my local music store hoping to get my basses of my hands that i dont use for a couple nice pedals...so i was looking for a crybaby 535q but they had to order it. They gave me 130(just enought even trade) for my Ibanez gsr200 and Ibanez sr405..i was expecting to get at the least 300. But hey i wanted to support my local store cause theyre going through rough financial times and im close to the owner. As i was leaving with the receipt in my hand i was thinking in my head "i probably could have gotten 3 times more than this on craigslist"..so do you think i got burnt?

ps: im going through a jimi hendrix phase so thats why i wanted a wah so bad cause i didnt have any cash

$130 each or for both? either way, i think you got ripped off. Not that surprising, though. they need to make a profit on used gear so the lowball the hell out of you when i comes to trade-ins.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by SatanPriest
Oh yeah, you got cheated. Its strange, it seems like local music stores like to screw you, and the chain stores will give you a much better bargain. I won't even buy strings from my local music store because how much they overprice them.

this is true . but more often then not local stores will match any price you can prove competitors have if you call them on it.
Quote by Jhachey22
$130 each or for both? either way, i think you got ripped off. Not that surprising, though. they need to make a profit on used gear so the lowball the hell out of you when i comes to trade-ins.

both.

sad but true
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Most stores tend to completely rip you off unless you know the owner's well or are a valuable customer of sorts. My drum teacher for the past 3 or 4 years just recently opened up his own store and helped me get a lot more for my old drum set than Guitar Center would have given me because I give him monthly checks for lessons. I spent $400 on an all new kit when Guitar Center would have easily charged me $800-$1000. It helps that he's an awesome guy too.
Quote by Karpet King
shit. o well least i was a good friend for helping out my local business rather than letting guitar center take over the industry(they are greedy as hell too so who cares?)

See, my local music shop is OWNING GC. Probably because they have like the best guitar tech, amp tech, and overall service in central illinois.

Anyway, the assist manager at GC shops at the local shop.

Get owned, GC.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?