Question about my edge, not edge III, original edge.

Here's the problem:

The side with the trem arm lifts up completely, but the side of the tremolo with the low E string doesn't really lift up. The low E side of the tremolo seems stuck, I don't see the plate moving against the mounting screw much like I do on the side of the tremolo arm, that seems fine, the plate moves significantly against the mounting screw. I just want to make sure this is abnormal on the low E string side before I go ripping it apart. Its very hard to pull.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Also the bridge is dead neutral , there's plenty of room to move inside the cavity. Doesn't look like it's hitting any wood.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
not the best pics to attempt to diagnose the problem, would of been better to see them straight on and also pics of the springs and claw

check the springs at the back the distance that the claw is from the body should be equal on both sides, i.e the back of the claw should be parallel to the body.

also the bridge isn`t level so spring adjustments would of been necessary anyway
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 24, 2010,
I've been playing with that and the springs are fine, I'm currently adjusting them to try to get this thing working. I've pulled them all the way out pretty much and pulled them in, nothign would get that side of the trem moving, so it cant be that. I'm about to just re mount it I guess.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
when was the last time you used light machine oil on the knife edges, a complete remount is probably a good idea, the fault must lie with the knife edges and studs
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 24, 2010,
It looks like the knife is not seated in the stud. Pull it out and re do it.