So the other day I went into some shop and I saw this guitar that caught my attention. Unfortunately I don't have a picture but here are some specs:

- strat shaped body
- the "Fender" logo on the headstock was, how to explain, metallic silver, like on an Ibanez RG.
- neck through body
- no pickguard and two humbuckers (the previous owner had replaced them with Seymour Duncan I Dunno Whats)
- the finish was this dark red cherry thing, kinda like this
- 1 volume, 1 tone, 5 way switch
- medium jumbo frets I think
- if I remember correctly, the tremolo was the 2 point kind

I dunno, I looked awesome from a distance, however when I played it it was poorly set up (action too high, bit of a fretbuzz). The store guy said it was indeed a genuine Fender, but made in Koreea.

So what's the deal with this, is this some Fender model that I'm not familiar with, or some kind of joke?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Last edited by Mad Marius at Jul 24, 2010,
some kind of Fender/Squier Showmaster?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Fender did make a few whacky overseas superstrat models back in the '80s to compete with Ibanez and Yamaha. Could be real I guess..
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by Tom 1.0
some kind of Fender/Squier Showmaster?

Yeah, I suppose that's what it was. I didn't know about Showmasters.

Looked like this:

Sooo... is this thing worth 500 Euros used, and with Seymour Duncans?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
that looks like an FMT strat

I'm getting the tele version of it, theyre win
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
No its not worth that much,

they are like £250 new near me...

try and knock him down

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

try and knock him down

Well I don't have anything against the guy, but OK. Hope I don't hurt him too badly.

This is a Showmaster. My friend used to have one. I liked the way that thing played.
He said that it was one of the best guitars he ever owned.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"