i want to tune my 7 string to this tuning to play a solo (Tuning: A# D# G# C# F# A# D#) but when i try to tune to it my tuner doesnt show something like"D#" its only Eb. do i tune it all flat like Bb Eb etc.? please help!
Quote by commander574
i want to tune my 7 string to this tuning to play a solo (Tuning: A# D# G# C# F# A# D#) but when i try to tune to it my tuner doesnt show something like"D#" its only Eb. do i tune it all flat like Bb Eb etc.? please help!

D# and Eb are the same notes, you need to learn about how music and theory work.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Each sharp is the same as the flat of the next letter up, so A# is Bb, C# is Db and so on. The notes are enharmonic.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Eb = D#

I'm surprised you've been a UG member for a year and haven't learned that yet.
oh, i was thinking that, thanks. and yeah i know..i need to learn more about music theory hah
Quote by slayerfrk
i think you should learn to play 6 string first.... maybe even bass, with 2 strings

Quiet you.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.