hey guys

i need some suggestions for new amp , i play metal and i play most songs for metallica , i got ec-1000 vb guitar and randall v2xm amp which is kinda s**t i regret that i bought it , but i might sell ma ec-1000 and get another ltd guitar which is good for metal , but im also looking for new amp caz im selling ma randall as well , and i was looking for new practice amp , im not looking for big ones for gigs.

so what about the MG30fx or MG50fx for metallica tones ? if not what about the roland cube 30 x it sound kwl
plz any one got the type of amps im looking for and think they are good for playin metal i need thier suggestions

p.s = i got line 6 pod x3 live pedal so i can get lots of sounds , but i also need a good amp wich i can get best metallica tone without using the pod x3 live

so hope someone help
Quote by gsd65
turn gain all the way up, low at 7, mid at 3, high at 9. there you go. you dont need a new amp.

well this amp sound s**t to be honest , so i want to change it . even the clean tone sucks !!
Just get a line 6 with one of those built in fancy screens that let you choose tones of different bands. I personally hate my line 6, but i play Red Hot Chili Peppers and Free Energy and Jack White kinda stuff. I can get great tone for that spacey chorusy clean metallica uses though. My friend says insanes good for A7x and Metallica and stuff but i switched the settings on my insane channel to be not as insane
.....Found Him!
guys i saied i need your suggestions about the new amps i saied , i dont need answred for amp settings and all that .
so who ever got these amps i mention need help about how they sound , so plz no more answers that say dont change amp or settings things , caz i want to sell this amp im not confortable with it and gonna say it again i regret that i bought it
My neighbors got a three year old MG30, i dunno if its FX, but he gets great Metallica tone clean and distorted riffs
.....Found Him!
The MG would be a downgrade. What kind of a budget are we looking at here?
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
bearded_seth = the roland cube sound kwl , but i havent triend one caz we dont have them over here just listin to some on youtube so still not sure about it .

californiacane = you sure about it ? i know marshall are good amp as well and metallica use more marshall amps but i want to be sure the MG model got good metallica tone

justinb904= i got budget $250 for amp
Originally Posted by Bearded_Seth
What happened to this place?

MGs are bloody awful!

+1

If you're going to get a Solid State, at least get a good one, although the Roland Cubes are apparently quite good. If you get one with a good clean channel, you can always use a pedal.

Otherwise go for a low power tube amp

EDIT: Marshall tubes are good. But the Marshall MGs sell because they have the brand name. Their SS amps are nowhere in comparison to the tube amps Metallica will be using.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Jul 24, 2010,
Yeah like i said i dunno if the marshall im talkin about is FX or not but i do know its a few years old and i think he uses a washburn soloist pedal to get the right tone. But for a practice amp for only metal id go with the cube or somethin cuz the marhalls got a soft side
.....Found Him!
You can usually get some of Randall's better ss amps used at that price. The Roland Cube is also a good amp. There isn't a whole lot in that price range unless you find a really good used deal.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 24, 2010,
Roland cube is pretty good, also check out the Peavey Vypyrs. MG is not. Also avoid the Line 6 Spiders.

Metallica also haven't used Marshalls that often since around Master of Puppets or even Ride the lightning.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
hahahahahahaha I think the first 5 or 6 posters were trolling.....but if not....this place has gone to hell pretty quick......
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
GNR4EVER = i know nothing about Peavey Vypyrs so i need to look how they sound and all that about it

brendan.clace = haha your right dude duno how this going to quick , even tho im askin for good suggestions some ppl just say go for this and that , i need help with sounds and best tone for metal and metallica sound not just go for this
Quote by gsd65
turn gain all the way up, low at 7, mid at 3, high at 9. there you go. you dont need a new amp.

Quote by dimarzio77
any amp will do. dial in a really good clean tone and switch on your distortion.....

Quote by californiacane
Just get a line 6

Quote by californiacane
My neighbors got a three year old MG30, i dunno if its FX, but he gets great Metallica tone clean and distorted riffs

^ WTF?!?!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
i read this thread and i smell something funny? oh carefull watch out for the bullS**t
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
You're not going to get real Metallica tone on a $250 budget. They use amps that cost thousands of dollars, and run rack systems that must cost tens of thousands of dollars.

Your best choice, on that budget, is the Peavey Vypyr 30w or the Roland Cube 30.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
http://www.sweetsilence.com/GearSlutzNotes.htm">http://web.archive.org/web/20061214024121/http://www.sweetsilence.com/GearSlutzNotes.htm

Metallica Settings for MarkIIC+ Into a Marshall Head

http://www.montyjay.com/montyjayframes.html

Metallica Gear over the years.

If you dont have money go get a Metal Muff and run it on clean. Thats what i do and it sounds great to my ears.

If you have money for a decent amp go get a Mesa Boogie Mark III (red stripe) that will get you close to their tone for under a thousand
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
Amplifiers and cabinets
Throughout Metallica's career, Hammett has used a range of different amplifiers. For the first two albums, he used Marshall amplifiers and cabinets, with occasional effects. For the recording of 1986's Master of Puppets, he and James Hetfield bought a Mesa/Boogie MarkIIC+ amplifier, and used Mesa/Boogies until he made his move to Randall Amplifiers in 2007.
In September 2007, Randall Amplifiers announced a partnership with Hammett to design a line of signature amps, heads, combos and preamp modules.[6]
Hammett has also been seen using a wide range of different amplifiers in the studio and during live performances.
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier (x2)
Randall RM100KH Signature Model (modified version of the MTS series RM100) (x2)
Randall 4x12 Cabinets (x4)
Effects
To avoid problems with pedals being damaged during live performances, Hammett keeps his effect pedals in a rack along with his amplifiers and his tech controls them through a pedalboard sidestage. The pedal controller allows him to change between different effect pedals and amplifiers.
In 2008, Jim Dunlop started working in partnership with Hammett to create a signature Wah-wah pedal, the KH95. It is now available to buy in stores.
TC Electronics G-Major 2 effects processor
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Dunlop KH95 Kirk Hammett Signature Crybaby
Ibanez Tube Screamer (Modded by Keeley)
DigiTech Whammy WH-1
Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler
Line 6 MM4 Modulation Modeler
Shure UR-4D Wireless Receiver
GCX Audio Switcher
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro floorboard
DBX 1074 Quad Gate
MXR Eddie Van Halen Flanger
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
DigiTech Space Station
ToneBone Hot British Tube Distortio
Oh boy, this thread....I don't even know where to start, and I really don't want to, but I'll make these 3 points.

Quote by metallica4ever7
bearded_seth = the roland cube sound kwl , but i havent triend one caz we dont have them over here just listin to some on youtube so still not sure about it .

californiacane = you sure about it ? [1] i know marshall are good amp [/1] as well and [2] metallica use more marshall amps [/2] [3] but i want to be sure the MG model got good metallica tone [/3]

justinb904= i got budget $250 for amp

1: No. Marshall do make good amps, but not all of them are good.

2: Not really. They really only used Marshalls in the early days, and those were heavily modded, nowadays James uses Mesas and Diezels, and Kirk uses Randalls.

3: No. The MG will get you fizz and buzz, not a good tone at all.

Edit: Time for a few short answers to some quotes.

Quote by gsd65

That sounds like it would be incredibly harsh and shrill.

Quote by dimarzio77
any amp will do. dial in a really good clean tone and switch on your distortion.....

Not really.

Quote by Bearded_Seth
Roland Cube

Quote by Bearded_Seth
I had a Cube, was great. Go with that.

This. The Cube's a great amp for the price.

Quote by californiacane
Just get a line 6 with one of those built in fancy screens that let you choose tones of different bands.

No. The Spiders are terrible.

Quote by justinb904
The MG would be a downgrade.

Quote by Bearded_Seth
MGs are bloody awful!

This. Unless you've got one of those crappy starter amps that are tiny, the MG is always a downgrade.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jul 24, 2010,
raijouta - well i didnt say i want to get exactly the same metallica song , and come on u know non of us can get a real metallica tone , even metallica them got diff type of amps and in each concert there is a bit change in theier tunes , but i was looking for something that look like thier tone , and i think peavy vypyr and roland cube might be my choice

mobiusr - thnx , but i dont want to waste my money on pedal , i got pod x3 live , well i got money but i dont want to spend like more than $1000 for an amp , caz i just want a small practice amp , im not lookin to make a band or something to get that kind of amp , but anyways thnx

dimarzio77 - No comment :S !!

alex vik - i know metallica using messa nowadays , and i was ment to say some insted of more so it was ma mistake , and marshall amps sound kwl , but havent triend any to be honest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And about peavy vypyr and roland cube , both amps are kick a** , but the worst thing is the shipping weight would cost me more than the amp it self :S !! and that what im thinnking twice before spending like $350 for weight :S:S