I had a thread the other day about a Big Muff, but it seemed to get shot down for the kind of music my band plays. So, what do you guys think sounds best for pop-punk or for a modern rock sound? Bands I'm going for would be like early All-American Rejects or Paramore. Budget is $100 or less.
Thanks.
Sending a dummy to my God.

Boss DS-1 works pretty well despite many of those who dislike it. IT can take some tweaking but you can get a nice sound with it.
What amp you got?
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Quote by stueey
What amp you got?

Peavey Vypyr 30W, which, despite people saying that modeling amps can't take pedals well, I think sounds good with pedals.

Also, can anyone give me some sound clips/vids of people getting a good tone out of a DS-1 (NOT ONE THAT'S MODDED).

Last edited by protest000 at Jul 24, 2010,
digitech hardwire sc-2 valve distortion

dont get the boss ds-1

what's wrong with the distortion from ur vypyr? it better than most cheap pedals.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Last edited by holycow at Jul 24, 2010,
need to know what guitar and amp you have. If you only have single coil pups, you need a ds-2, I like the ds-1, but forget it if you have a fender. I would use an ibanez tube screamer. Maybe a boss super overdrive(yellow).
Quote by holycow
digitech hardwire sc-2 valve distortion

dont get the boss ds-1

I already have a DS-1, and I want to get rid of it, unless someone posts a vid or something to persuade me to keep it. But I don't think that'll happen..