i basically want a guitar that sounds good for metal and easy to shred on , good for recording and gigs, im down to 2 ibanez series, the "s" and the "RG", now the rg is kinda more expensive than the s, is there a huge difference in the quality of both guitars? i was thinking of getting the s570 or the RG350ex, which one do u think i should get?
The biggest differences between these guitars are:

The S570 is made of mahogany, the RG350EX is made of basswood. The S will be heavier with a darker sound. The RG will be lighter and have a more neutral sort of sound

The jack. The S series jack is in the body on the top, whereas the RG's is in the side of the guitar.

The S is an arch top, the RG is not.

And the S has a ZR Trem, which is arguably better than the Edge III on the RG.
I own an Rg350dx and while I love it because of the neck and playability, it sounds too bland. I would go with the S, as long as it's not basswood.
well the quality isnt so much the difference as the guitar makeup and configuration. Many differences in the two series; that said, I recommend a used Ibanez RG550.
Try not to get an Ibanez with INF pcikups. Heard a lot of bad things about them. But I suppose you could always get new ones installed. Herman Li plays the S series, and the S series is pretty good. RG is alright aswell. Just check some reviews about and that. It all comes done to what type of music you play, your budget and what kinda shape and colour of guitar you want.
Well for me at least it's the S all the way (unless it's a prestige).
The S has a better tremolo than the RG for a few reasons.
1. The ball-bering joints on the "ZR" will not wear out unlike the cheap knife-edge joints on the "edge III" which is used on the RG.
2. The ZPS helps if you break strings or drop tune.

HOWEVER you can swap the bridge to an original floyd and/or original edge (may need clarification/other options) on the RG once the knife edges and/or posts are poop
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Last edited by evhbrianmay at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by southernshred7
I own an Rg350dx and while I love it because of the neck and playability, it sounds too bland. I would go with the S, as long as it's not basswood.

it's cuz basswood is a neutral sounding wood so u can hear what the pickups really sound like. Since u have stock pickups, it sounds like shit.

TS, get the S570. It has a better trem.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Unless you plan on upgrading the tremolo, the S.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
and the S comes in like 8 variations/colors and the RG has alot more choices
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)