So last summer I bought a 79 Chevy El Camino....

It gets 10/15mpg. Now when I bought it i didnt think that I would be driving near as much as I do. I found A 97 Nissan

It gets 28/37mpg. It is 300 dollars. Now pit,my question to you is should I admit my mistake and get the Nissan or should I keep the Camino?

btw: $300 is about two months of gas for me.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
If a car is $300, it probably needs a hell of a lot of repairs and maintenance.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
get the Nissan hands down. you won't look like as much of a douche, and you will get way better MPG.

EDIT: annnnnd the above poster is probably right.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
What's wrong with the Nissan? I can almost promise it has loads of work to be done
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
your dumb, keep the camino. and 300 bucks for any car= tons of work. also.....car thread.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Well I'm not just gonna go blindly buy that car. I'm pretty experienced with cars so I know what to look for.

SPORKedit: And I didnt think this would be car thread cause I dont really need car advice, just consumer advice.

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Last edited by sporkface at Jul 24, 2010,
Depends on how important your car is to you. Some other people might trade their Mustang GT for something more fuel efficient, but to me the extra cost of gas is worth every penny to have my badass car. If you like your Camino keep it, but if you don't really give a shit get the Nissan.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
Depends on how important your car is to you. Some other people might trade their Mustang GT for something more fuel efficient, but to me the extra cost of gas is worth every penny to have my badass car. If you like your Camino keep it, but if you don't really give a shit get the Nissan.

I love my camino...But I cant afford it seeing as I have no reliable income. I wouldnt sell it if i got the nissan probably. Just not drive it as much.

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
does it have to do with buying a car? if it involves a car its car thread.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Absolutely keep the El Camino. I've been shopping around for one. Its pretty much my dream car.

Remember its not miles per gallon, its smiles per mile!
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Absolutely keep the El Camino. I've been shopping around for one. Its pretty much my dream car.

Remember its not miles per gallon, its smiles per mile!

but eventualy I wont be able to go anywhere so it would be 0spm

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Not to ask too much info, but how much less would insurance be if you got the Nissan? I'd imagine it's kind of expensive now. Also, is there a good market in your area so you could sell the Camino for close to what you bought it?
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by sporkface
but eventualy I wont be able to go anywhere so it would be 0spm

This is also true. Well all I can say is look into the Nissan. As has been said, 300 bucks is gonna get you a car that probably doesn't even run. You are gonna need a more realistic budget if you want a high mpg car.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Well I put in a call to the dealer so I'm waiting for the call back. And to the guy who said it makes me look like a red neck..... An El Camino isnt just a car, its a way of life.

And i love driving to the desert, listening to the eagles and getting high. Its almost a spititual experience.

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Get rid of the truck, get something with decent mileage that doesn't make you look like a redneck.

Redneck

Not redneck.

Seriously, I despise pickup trucks because they make you look like a redneck. But 3rd-4th gen El Caminos just look badass. And 5th gens are slightly less badass but still far from redneckish.

Quote by sporkface
Well I put in a call to the dealer so I'm waiting for the call back. And to the guy who said it makes me look like a red neck..... An El Camino isnt just a car, its a way of life.

And i love driving to the desert, listening to the eagles and getting high. Its almost a spititual experience.

Quoted for insane amount of truth.
Quote by MakinLattes
American cars really do have shit fuel economy.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by King Twili
American cars really do have shit fuel economy.

Or it could have to do with the 70's V8 that is most likely under the hood.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
If a car is $300, it probably needs a hell of a lot of repairs and maintenance.

This man is 100% correct.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Stupid internet its a 300 dollar down payment

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Quote by sporkface
Stupid internet its a 300 dollar down payment

I know the feeling man. It just comes with the territory. Be patient, and the right deal will come along. Just surf Craigslist everyday.
Quote by MakinLattes
And the guy was like "You a stoner brah?" i was like "no"

....."Oh you sound pretty stoned"
then he hung up.

Thats not how you treat customers. dont make me call immigration..

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Whatever you get is gonna need room for the baby's car seat.

Test came back negative brah.

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic