So Pit, I'm leaving on monday for a 1 month backpacking trip to Europe!!!!
Can't wait!
Has any of you ever been on backpacking trips?
Any interesting experiences to share???
Jbab
Quote by '93
amazing...you sir deserve a lol stack

Just got back from a trip around the UK with UGer Craigo. Sleeping in churches, annoying people who are affiliated to political organisations, sofasurfing, testing the quality of the weed from all different places around the UK and generally having fun. Enjoy yourself, I'm planning a hitching/backpacking trip around Europe in my head at the moment!
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I'd really love to do some real backpacking through Europe.
I'm supposed to go hiking for about a week (or a little longer) near the end of August with some friends through the Fundy area of NB, Canada. It'll be my first time, and it should be a blast.
Good luck with Europe
Next year when I turn 18 I plan on going on a backpacking trip.
Any UGers in the Chicago area want to go with me?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I've never done anything that extensive. I've gone on 3-4 day trips before. I'm not really sure what kind of advice to give. Good luck though.
To answer the people above:
- I'm going with my best friend
- Condoms were the first thing on my list Vandersexxx ftw!!
Jbab
Quote by '93

I'm hoping to go backpacking around Europe on my gap year with a few mates of mine, so that'll be this time next year. I can't wait.

Anyway, I have nothing too add except don't come to Northern Ireland, but good look man. I've only been to Prague and Berlin and they're both awesome, so check them out if you can.
I love backpacking, but I think more in the go out into the wilderness and find out how to live primitively sense of the word. I'm currently planning a trip to the Canadian Rockies (Banff and/or Yoho) with a couple of my friends. I love backpacking
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by suckmahnuts
I love backpacking, but I think more in the go out into the wilderness and find out how to live primitively sense of the word. I'm currently planning a trip to the Canadian Rockies (Banff and/or Yoho) with a couple of my friends. I love backpacking

Same idea here, when I finish Uni. Except I thought of backpacking across Russia, or something
Don't forget to bring the stuff that makes you feel human. Shaving foam, razors, soap, deoderant, floss, toothpaste. And don't take anything worth stealing. And don't plan a goddamn thing, it ain't backpacking if you know what country you're in.
I backpack quite a lot. I haven't done any super long trips, just week-long ones or so, carrying food for the whole week.

My friend and I are going to backpack across the United States when we are 35. I am going to backpack from the eastern tip of Europe to the western tip in between jobs or something in the near future. I'm looking forward to it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
I'm hoping to go backpacking around Europe on my gap year with a few mates of mine, so that'll be this time next year. I can't wait.

Anyway, I have nothing too add except don't come to Northern Ireland, but good look man. I've only been to Prague and Berlin and they're both awesome, so check them out if you can.

What's wrong with Northern Ireland?
Jbab
Quote by '93

don't stay at a hostel. seriously bro. next thing you know, some sadistic **** is cutting you up.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by jbab

erm the riots in belfast. the general middle eastern mentality between two sects of the SAME RELIGION! (i don't understand this one)

but if you come to manchester in England, pm me ill come hang if im not busy

Sparxedit: you are TS.. I'm a bit slow today
i'm Ginger its fun
Last edited by Sparky-MMA at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by carlos_almighty
don't stay at a hostel. seriously bro. next thing you know, some sadistic **** is cutting you up.

I'm not going to Bratislava don't worry
Jbab
Quote by '93

Quote by Sparky-MMA
erm the riots in belfast. the general middle eastern mentality between two sects of the SAME RELIGION! (i don't understand this one)

but if you come to manchester in England, pm me ill come hang if im not busy

Sparxedit: you are TS.. I'm a bit slow today

England is not on our list (for now) but who knows, I'll let you know if it changes
Jbab
Quote by '93

I went on a backpacking/hiking trip with my Boy Scout troop last month. We did an 11 day trek in Philmont, NM. It's like the mega campout for Boy Scouts in the States. It was alright. The hiking I could have done without as well as the lack of proper showers and shitting on a wooden box in the middle of the woods, but some of the sights were absolutely fantastic. I got some really awesome sunset photos. I was soooooooo high that night too (11,700 ft. just about...get it?).
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
so are you going to be on roads?
Backpacking, to me, means through the woods, hanging your food between trees so bears don't raid your campsite etc.

My advice to you would be to make sure any "just add water" food you bring really only does need water. I spent last weekend on the trail drinking kool-aid that didn't have any sugar in it.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by jbab

What's right with it, more like... that would make a much shorter list.