Poll: Would you get a Pick of Destiny if they were real?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you get a Pick of Destiny if they were real?
Yes
41 77%
Hell no
12 23%
Voters: 53.
Page 1 of 2
I've just been thinking there, would every guitarist in the world get a Pick Of Destiny (If they were real haha) or just settle for the skills they've got...what would you do?

btw this is just a random thread haha
No I would totally not get a pick that would let be the best guitarist ever not at all no no way what the hell are you saying what are you stupid?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Disclaimers on threads are almost always stupid.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Well, DUH! I would obviously get the Pick of Destiny!

I would stay the hell away from Dave Grohl though.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
No I would totally not get a pick that would let be the best guitarist ever not at all no no way what the hell are you saying what are you stupid?

no i'm not i'm just incredibly bored
Quote by necrosis1193

I like the way there's the separate "exact replica" and the "fully functional" versions.

And OP: If it was a medium-guage Tortex (or celluloid) then maybe. And affordable, too. I don't wanna play 20 bucks for a pick.

Mark Knopfler's so awesome he doesn't need a pick and he can get away with that outfit.

I much prefer fingerstyle to using a plectrum, they just feel weird and foreign
Well TS, what are the consequences of getting one?
Would they be really expensive? Would I have to work for the devil?
WHAT TS, WHAT?!
We'll we know that there is no plectrum of destiny because the greatest guitarist in the world (me) doesn't play with a pick.
Quote by JacobTheMe
We'll we know that there is no plectrum of destiny because the greatest guitarist in the world (me) doesn't play with a pick.

(Fingerstyle, not you being the best in world). Not doubting you are though...
Quote by JacobTheMe

So there are fingers of destiny?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Adam Scott
Well TS, what are the consequences of getting one?
Would they be really expensive? Would I have to work for the devil?
WHAT TS, WHAT?!

If you could buy them in shops for a normal price
I don't mean the replica one haha the proper one (If they were real)
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
So there are fingers of destiny?

Don't you guys get it?

I am the pick of destiny.

And that means you all have to use me and play with me.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Don't you guys get it?

So everyone have to play with you?

That would be akward...
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
No thanks. I enjoy being a sucky guitarist.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
So everyone have to play with you?

That would be akward...

Im not complaining. <3
Quote by JacobTheMe
Im not complaining. <3

Im going to proceed and ask more undercover sexual questions.

How many hours a day can we play with you?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
lol nah. half the fun in being the best is becoming the best.

also i love tortex picks
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by :Vicious--
lol nah. half the fun in being the best is becoming the best.

also i love tortex picks

So you're telling me if you had a chance to be the worlds best guitarist you'd pass because you wanted to get there by yourself?
BS
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by The_Casinator
I wouldn't need one.
I already am a god.

'nuff said.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
The PoD only makes you a famous guitarist though, not the best. But it does enhance your playing. I'd definetly get it.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

The pick wouldn't enhance songwriting skills, just playing, correct? And you would still retain a thought process and emotion in your playing, right?

In that case, I'd use it as a tool to convey my musical ideas to others in the best possible way (playing perfectly), while still being a musician in a sense because I'd still have to think about what to write and play, it's just that the pick would help me execute my ideas.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
So you're telling me if you had a chance to be the worlds best guitarist you'd pass because you wanted to get there by yourself?
BS

yup. im that good already so theres no point
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Gord@k
The PoD only makes you a famous guitarist though, not the best. But it does enhance your playing. I'd definetly get it.

No it makes you the best guitarist not famous,then you get famous from your skills.
It only affects your playing skills so it would be better in the hands of a lead guitarist too.

yup. im that good already so theres no point

If you're that good why arent you famous for your guitar skills?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Last edited by GbAdimDb5m7 at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by JacobTheMe
Don't you guys get it?

I'd like that.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
If you're that good why arent you famous for your guitar skills?

dude, are you saying slash (me) isnt famous?
Quote by CrunchyRoll
dude, are you saying slash (me) isnt famous?

The weird thing about Slash,everyone knows him from Guns N' Roses and not from Velvet Revolver :P
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
A kick ass pick that helps improve playing?

I recommend Tortex .88

Or Jazz III's if you're into those.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Depends on what I have to do to get one. But it would be nice to have one. Go from worst guitarist alive to best.
Page 1 of 2