Poll: Would you like to try in vitro meat?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you like to try in vitro meat?
Yes
36 51%
No
9 13%
Unsure
10 14%
I refuse to eat any form of meat
0 0%
I don't eat real meat but I would try in vitro meat
5 7%
I don't eat real meat but I would not try in vitro meat for different reasons
0 0%
I don't eat real meat and I'm unsure
1 1%
Obligatory Joke Option
9 13%
Voters: 70.
What's your opinion on lab-grown artificial meat? It doesn't exist yet, but it could in the near future. With real estate prices growing, it might eventually become more economically viable to sell artificial meat than to farm real animals.

If it existed, would you be interested in trying it?
If it tasted identical to real meat, would you continue eating it, or would you consider it wrong or unnatural?

Could a vegan eat in vitro meat? It's grown from cells and no animals had to suffer or be killed to produce it. Or would you just refuse because you find the idea of artificial meat disgusting?

All opinions are welcome. Be polite. Poll up shortly.
I would try it yeah.

I would prefer to eat it because you dont have to kill animals for it.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by sashki
All opinions are welcome. Be polite. Poll up shortly.

poop-face

On topic, it would depend on how the meat is grown. I have no problem with modifying things we eat with science, but I doubt that lab-grown meat will be anything like real meat. Chances are, it'll just be big hunks of proteins and stuff, but without tasting like the real thing.
If it tastes decent enough, I'll eat it.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Read that it is actually not like real meat more like tumors.
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
I'd try it, and if it was the same as natural meat in taste and nutrition, I'd eat the fuck out of it.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
You make me an artificial meat that tastes just like KFC, and I'll stop eating real animals for life.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I'd try it, and if it was the same as natural meat in taste and nutrition, I'd eat the fuck out of it.

+1

I don't see any ethical problems, by the way. 'Unnatural' is not an argument. You're sitting in front of a plastic box filled with electronics, having a conversation with people on the other side of the globe. Talk about unnatural.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Imagine being able to grow your OWN meat.

My dream of a bacon tree may yet come true!

That's my second dream next to my tree of money,come on money grow!
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I would definitely try it and if it tasted just as good I would probably only eat that since it would be the most humane way of acquiring the meat
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676
Quote by TheQuailman
+1

I don't see any ethical problems, by the way. 'Unnatural' is not an argument. You're sitting in front of a plastic box filled with electronics, having a conversation with people on the other side of the globe. Talk about unnatural.

Some people might just find it disgusting, though, and use "unnatural" as an excuse.
Quote by CoreysMonster

That's not a bacon tree...

It's a HAMBUSH!
^Yeah. But what are you trying to say? It's still not an argument. But synthetic meat is bound to produce some controversy, yeah.

Quote by CoreysMonster

My meat grows quite a bit sometimes.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jul 24, 2010,
Yeah.. I don't see it tasting any different. It'll be made of the same stuff.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
if it tastes good ill eat it.

But I am a firm believer in the circle of life..so i would rather eat something that was once alive.
Quote by sashki
Some people might just find it disgusting, though, and use "unnatural" as an excuse.

It's a HAMBUSH!

it's funnier in a mexican accent

No, stay away! Ees no bacon tree! Ees Ham bush!
No thanks. You can't replicate the subtle flavor of murder in a lab.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by TheQuailman
^Yeah. But what are you trying to say? It's still not an argument. But synthetic meat is bound to produce some controversy, yeah.

Abortion, cloning, and stem cell research all cause controversy. "Unnatural" is an argument that seems to come up a lot.

I don't know their reasoning behind the argument, I'm just saying that some people might be reluctant to try it at first.
I'd try it, and I'd eat it if it tasted the same and had the same texture.

But, I doubt they'd be able to do it accurately.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I'm vegetarian (by choice), but I'd try it. I wouldn't have any moral objections to eating it.
Last edited by The Madcap at Jul 24, 2010,
If it would be cheaper than normal ranching, it would be great to use to feed the homeless and the other hungry people. I'd give it a try, but I doubt it would be as good as normal meat.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I'm a vegetarian and I'd give it a shot, considering it wasn't killed.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Yeah sure, seems like a good alternative for the real thing. That is, if it tastes as good.

No animals would have to be killed for it, so why not? On the other hand, the idea of eating a.. well, tumor, isn't that nice. But I'd try it anyway
Quote by sashki

It's a HAMBUSH!

I love that joke! But no-one I know laughs at it, must be the way I tell it D:

I'd definitely try it. And if it's as good as proper meat and cheaper then I might very well eat it frequently.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I think I would try it. It can't taste any worse then real meat.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by KoenDercksen
On the other hand, the idea of eating a.. well, tumor, isn't that nice. But I'd try it anyway

Surely it's not that bad, Kurt Cobain mentioned it in a song
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
If it were safe, good, tested, whatever, yeah, I'd definately do it, for economical and political reasons.

However, I can see a LOT of people being against it.

It IS sort of creepy, really.
I would probably try it. If real meat is better ill carry on eating real meat.
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
Half the fun of eating a hamburger is grinding the fucker up.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Half the fun of eating a hamburger is grinding the fucker up.

You don't maim it first?

and you call yourself a carnivore.
Quote by severed-metal
You don't maim it first?

and you call yourself a carnivore.

Maiming is for Democrats. I'm a Republican. I kill shit.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Maiming is for Democrats. I'm a Republican. I kill shit.

Ok, so two guys walk into a bar, one tells the bartender that he just got back from maiming a cow, the other says he killed a cow..The bartender says, we don't accept gays in Texas, and shoots the guy who maimed the cow.

Upon realizing that maim and kill are essentially the same thing, he repents in the lord of Jesus Christ at one of the local 20 christian churches in his town of 10,000 and all is forgiven.

He ends up leading a healthy life and was none the wiser that the man who maimed the cow, was in fact his son.

I hope you've realized what you're doing to me, Jackal. I really do.
Quote by severed-metal
Ok, so two guys walk into a bar, one tells the bartender that he just got back from maiming a cow, the other says he killed a cow..The bartender says, we don't accept gays in Texas, and shoots the guy who maimed the cow.

Upon realizing that maim and kill are essentially the same thing, he repents in the lord of Jesus Christ at one of the local 20 christian churches in his town of 10,000 and all is forgiven.

He ends up leading a healthy life and was none the wiser that the man who maimed the cow, was in fact his son.

I hope you've realized what you're doing to me, Jackal. I really do.

So what you're telling me is Texans are stupid?
We already knew that.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi