hey. does any1 know how to ge teh pick 2 stop spilling? i sweat a little on my thumb and index finger when i play. it keeps twisting in my hand and its getting really bad. i have tried tons of different picks and nothings is working. advice?
Pick with holes in it are some good alternatives
Well stop sweating as well
Don't hold the pick with to much power, so you wont sweat on that fingers
Have had the same problem, but i stoped sweatin there while i was getting relaxder when playing
so: Chill^^
I use a soldering iron to draw a checkerboard on the top half of the pick on both sides.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Don't grip it to hard.

Make sure you are hitting the strings properly.

You can take a nail and punch a few holes into the pick to make it easier to hold on to.
i have tried the hole thing. i dont hold teh pick that tight at all. i am considering the gorilla snot sutff. does it work well? also gunna try the dava picks. any1 ever play those?
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
i have tried the hole thing. i dont hold teh pick that tight at all. i am considering the gorilla snot sutff. does it work well? also gunna try the dava picks. any1 ever play those?

I personally never had any experience with it, but a buddy of mine uses it and it works for him.

Personally, I don't know if I would like the feel. It's rather cheap so it's worth a shot, or possibly Dunlop Tortex picks if you haven't tried them (they are somewhat textured).
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
I tried gorilla snot and i hated it. It didn't help me at all, and it's alot harder to get off than advertised.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I use a soldering iron to draw a checkerboard on the top half of the pick on both sides.

what what ?? how did you that man ?? any image ?? i wanna see that
Gorilla Snot is ok, it works but its kind of a pain to get off your fingers after playing and it stays on the pick forever lol
Dunlop Nylons with the grippy texture... I've been using them for years through gigs that I've been drenched in sweat and rarely dropped those picks.
Wear wristbands and store your picks in a container of weightlifters chalk.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Weight lifting chalk and wristband = win

My guess would be that the root of your problem is you are holding the pick too tight, there is tension in your right arm, and most of all - you are probably attacking the strings too hard.

I'd wager if you lowered your action so that the E strings are 4/64's of an inch above the 12th fret when you fret the string at the 1st stret, you'd hear a lot of buzzing from your attack being too hard. Am I correct? If so, setting up your action nice and low like that and practicing slow and concentrating on getting rid of that buzzing will help you get your attack under control.

PS: please don't think I'm coming off as conceited, I've been through the same problem you were having and it was my attack. I corrected it the same way I described to you.
Go to ebay and search for Pickboy. They have many many different types, with all sort of materials. Perhaps a bit pricey, but they are excellent picks. I really can't recommend them enough.

There are a few designs with extra grip in mind. Pos-a-grip and one of the Pro ones come to mind.
Quote by kian89
what what ?? how did you that man ?? any image ?? i wanna see that

I just heat up the soldering iron and carve the lines in; the pick is plastic, so they kind of just melt in.

I don't use actual solder, if that's what you were thinking.

I can put up a picture in a bit.
Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by tayroar

Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by 36mikeyb36
Last edited by Sleaze Disease at Jul 26, 2010,
Seems a bit silly to carve your own grip patterns when you can just buy a pick that comes that way :/

But I guess if you like a certain pick, but it's just slippery...
actually my action is verry low haha. i have my guitar setup wicked low for action, i really dont hold it hard. i konw i have a odd way of holding the pick though. im gunna try those nyloy picks i guess. o and where can i get weightlifters chalk?
Quote by Concat
Seems a bit silly to carve your own grip patterns when you can just buy a pick that comes that way :/

But I guess if you like a certain pick, but it's just slippery...

It's not really that silly at all.

Like you said, people generally prefer certain picks and sometimes the only way to get a pick that you're completely happy with is by customizing it yourself.

So, until Dunlop makes a 1.5 Gator Grip with the checkerboard pattern on the top half, I'll have to do it myself; actually, I'd still do it myself even if they did offer such a pick.

There's also a certain pride in doing it yourself and having them all be a little different and unique than just buying a pack of exact copies made by a machine; it's a labor of love, really.
Quote by SteveHouse

Quote by tayroar

Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by 36mikeyb36
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
hey. does any1 know how to ge teh pick 2 stop spilling? i sweat a little on my thumb and index finger when i play. it keeps twisting in my hand and its getting really bad. i have tried tons of different picks and nothings is working. advice?

Save yourself the headache. DON'T use GorillaSnot. That stuff is a crazy mess.
Try Monster Grips www.monstergrips.com
Quote from website:
Monster Grips™ are a revolutionary guitar pick grip that is super grippy, non-sticky, and stays clean. Surprisingly durable, yet ultra-thin, it is extremely comfortable and is certain to enhance your playing experience. Monster Grips™ amazing properties allow you to hold the pick even more lightly, producing even better articulation, while reducing fatigue. Monster Grips™ are the perfect answer for drumsticks, effects pedals and equipment, woodwinds, brass instruments, and anything else your heart desires to give a non-slip grip.