Hey guys

noob tube question here. I just got a used Orange AD30 the other day. I was playing a little today and before I turned the amp off I decided to check the tubes in back. One of the power tubes was not lit up, meaning it's dead and needs replaced.

I did not have the amp cranked and I practiced at low volumes. I plan on replacing all the tubes. Should I worry about damage being done to my amp as a result of playing without 1 power tube?
how did it sound before you noticed the tube? not all tubes light up the same
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
umm if it's missing a power tube it shouldn't really sound good or work that well at all.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
^ Yeah it won't sound right. The first single recto I got, I noticed one of the powertubes was out.... All of the sudden it made sense why it sounded terrible.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Honestly, it sounded fine. I cranked it for a minute and it was fine..

When I looked at the tubes a couple days ago when the amp came in, they were all lit. Do they sometimes not all light up always?
Usually they'll all light up. How long was it on? Leave it on for a few minutes and if it doesn't turn on then I would say you just need new tubes if they were all working fine the other day.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by ChrisBW
Usually they'll all light up. How long was it on? Leave it on for a few minutes and if it doesn't turn on then I would say you just need new tubes if they were all working fine the other day.

It was on for about an hour. They were all lit up the other day, so its probably done for.

Should I worry about harm being done to the amp from this?