Right now, i have a line 6 spider III 15 watt amp that in my opinion sounds pretty crappy because the cleans don't feel right and the distortion tones have too much of a fuzzy, buzzy, digitally enhanced sound that really bugs me! i have been using a digitech rp350 to cover up the tone and make it better but now i want something that i can get the full tone out and not hide it with pedals and stuff like that cause it sounds horrible. I have been playing for about a year and a half so this is for like the future plans. Im looking for an amp that can do the following
1. My budget is les than $600
2. im going to use it in my home for practicing and recording, bring it to school for projects, be able to use it in a future band, and be able to use it in school auditoriums for school talent shows or stuff like that or a local restraunt. (For that, im thinking about micing the amp to the schools pa system. So basically, i wanna a amp that gets every job done).
3. I find that i listen to a lot of creed and alter bridge and love mark tremontis clean tone. So basically, i want something that has a great clean tone that kind of like a fender twin.
4.I love to play all rock and metal genres especially modern hard rock like creed, alter bridge, trapt, rev theory, maybe a little godsmack stuff. But the distortion tone i like is not not Scratchy, fuzzy, sharper tone you can find from like emgs and mesa boogie rectifiers, ( Rectifiers have a round but fuzzy sound that i don't really like either), Im more into the warmer, rounder, more natural type distortion tone that you can hear the chords very clearly with that feels heavy but not fuzzy, scratchy, or digitally enhanced. like these songs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmhG94Pbu5Q and definitely this except id get rid of the fuzz and add some BASS to make the tone crystal clear but heavy!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FngM_gXgdtQ&hd=1
5. I don't care d if its a solid state or a tube amp!!!! all i car is if it has the amazing tone that im looking for!
6. i don't care if its a combo amp or a full stack but id like the heavy feel of half stacks
7. Channel switching and has to come with a channel switching pedal.
8. has to have separate eq for each channel
9. Maybe an effects loop.
One Thing, if there are no amps under $600 like this, please give me the cheapest amp you can find that follows every speck except #9 cause idk if i want it but sounds interesting
You may not be able to find your amp with budget
But you might want to look at the Jet City JCA50

Edit:
Also, would you mind buying used?
And would you miind using pedals for your dirt?
Last edited by Sguit at Jul 24, 2010,
Hmm, Mesa is great but too expensive. Have a look at create amps maybe? There ok. Try perhaps getting at least a 50W amp. A stack would be pretty cool, Jamming with a huge stack in your bedroom ahaa

P.S. Why do you have a line6 in the first place?!?!?!?!
Quote by cheesecakes4
fender hot rod series...

absolutely not.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Bugera amps are right down your alley. Check out the 333xl and 6262 (333xl has better cleans).

333xl/6262

Quote by zakarai

Because when you start playing you don't have much money and much less idea
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
And Heres the kicker...

Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo runs around $600 and meets all of your requirements.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Idk if you're interested, but from what I've played of them, the tube vypyrs aren't bad, that can do all you ask an have some effects, other than that, maybe a jsx combo, oh wait that's uber expensive, I would think the 6505+ combo would do you well
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by Sguit
You may not be able to find your amp with budget
But you might want to look at the Jet City JCA50

Edit:
Also, would you mind buying used?
And would you miind using pedals for your dirt?

$540 at american musical right now.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by zakarai
Hmm, Mesa is great but too expensive. Have a look at create amps maybe? There ok. Try perhaps getting at least a 50W amp. A stack would be pretty cool, Jamming with a huge stack in your bedroom ahaa

Cause i was retarded, only played guitar for like 1/2 of a year and it was on sale at guitar center cheap and was too retarded to know that you had to pla the amp an see if its for you.
I'd say out of everything listed in here the Jet City JCA50 will fit you the best
Bugera 333XL. Sparkling cleans. Killer brutal distortion. Great crunch channel.
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
bugera 333xl. I have a tone set sort of that way. What you need for that is to set the preamp volume really high, and the gain and master to taste and experiment from there with all the knobs pointing up.

I used to instead use less volume and more gain and it would give me an over the top distortion, but for this try what I mentioned if you do get the bugera. A nice compressor will make the sound seem heavier while keeping it nice and tight.

i use pick ups with a lot of gain, so that may actually be the reason why I set the gain so low.
Last edited by nyandres at Jul 25, 2010,
I would recommend a Blackstar Amp. I am purchasing an HT 40 Club in the near future, but they make more and less powerful amps. The amp has outstanding cleans that will get just a TAD dirty at max volume, but the amp has awesome tone shaping controls. It has a Master EQ, Reverb, Volume, and Effects Level controls, but each channel has a voicing switch that changes the voicing to either a more modern sound or a more classic sound. Included in the EQ section is an ISF (Infinite Shape Feature) that lets you go from US voicing to British voicing and everything in between. It's Overdrive Channel goes from slight breakup up to a Metallica-like sound. I was going to spend a crap load of money on a Marshall TSL but when i tried this, i was blown away. The reverb is digital, but i honestly thought it was spring reverb until the salesman told me it wasn't. It can also be tweaked between dark and bright. You should check out the 20 watt combo version. it has speaker outs in the back if you would want to turn it into a stack, but 20 tube watts would be plenty for everything you described. Plus, the HT-20 is $600, but could be bought for less if you go used.

Here is a link to a good review vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbqhIfDSx_w
Originally Posted by Blktiger0
I would recommend a Blackstar Amp. I am purchasing an HT 40 Club in the near future, but they make more and less powerful amps. The amp has outstanding cleans that will get just a TAD dirty at max volume, but the amp has awesome tone shaping controls. It has a Master EQ, Reverb, Volume, and Effects Level controls, but each channel has a voicing switch that changes the voicing to either a more modern sound or a more classic sound. Included in the EQ section is an ISF (Infinite Shape Feature) that lets you go from US voicing to British voicing and everything in between. It's Overdrive Channel goes from slight breakup up to a Metallica-like sound. I was going to spend a crap load of money on a Marshall TSL but when i tried this, i was blown away. The reverb is digital, but i honestly thought it was spring reverb until the salesman told me it wasn't. It can also be tweaked between dark and bright. You should check out the 20 watt combo version. it has speaker outs in the back if you would want to turn it into a stack, but 20 tube watts would be plenty for everything you described. Plus, the HT-20 is $600, but could be bought for less if you go used.

Here is a link to a good review vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbqhIfDSx_w

+1 I'm very satisfied with my HT-5 (The 5W version). It's a little more stripped back effects-wise but has an effects loop - unlike most 5W amps and the distortion channel gets very loud. I wouldn't get a tube amp that goes too loud if it's going to be used in the bedroom because tubes sound best cranked.

It's quite cheap as well because it's actually a hybrid (a good hybrid ). With the spare cash, you can get the pedals of your choice instead of relying on the amps effects!

I hear good stuff about the Jet City stuff too but try before you buy if you can.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
+1 I'm very satisfied with my HT-5 (The 5W version). It's a little more stripped back effects-wise but has an effects loop - unlike most 5W amps and the distortion channel gets very loud. I wouldn't get a tube amp that goes too loud if it's going to be used in the bedroom because tubes sound best cranked.

It's quite cheap as well because it's actually a hybrid (a good hybrid ). With the spare cash, you can get the pedals of your choice instead of relying on the amps effects!

I hear good stuff about the Jet City stuff too but try before you buy if you can.

The HT-5 and The Venue series HT's are actually a little bit different, but they are still pretty similar. The HT-20 and HT-40 both have Master Volumes along with independent Channel Volumes, so you can still get great tones at reasonable levels, but even if you need more tone out of them, they both have speaker outs so you can connect to an attenuator or even do the old Power Amp trick for super cranked tones at bedroom levels.

I have heard a lot about the Jet City amps too, but have yet to try one myself. They are made by a team of about three guys, one of those guys being Mike Soldano that started the Soldano amp company. With him on the team, they gotta be good.
Quote by DakoRob
And Heres the kicker...

Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo runs around $600 and meets all of your requirements.

Have you ever seen a 6505+ combo there huge and heavy it would be like transporting a 2x12.
The size of the 6505+ 112 is what turned me off from buying it!
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
Have you ever seen a 6505+ combo there huge and heavy it would be like transporting a 2x12.
The size of the 6505+ 112 is what turned me off from buying it!

cry more?

Idk man, bigger the amp

THE LARGER THE MUSCLES!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

lol, but really man don't let that be a turn off for good tone.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
cry more?

Idk man, bigger the amp

THE LARGER THE MUSCLES!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

lol, but really man don't let that be a turn off for good tone.

+1 for that. Why would the size of an amp ever outshine it's tone? I don't hear any of the pros goin: idk about a full stack...i mean, that is a lot to haul around just to get good tone....

Never sacrifice tone. Ever.

Plus, the ladies DO enjoy muscles....