I've wanted to do this cover for a long time! You did a pretty good job. A few of your bends at the beginning weren't quite on, and you fell out of time with Gilmore a couple times when the song was picking up around 2:15-2:30, but then you picked it up again. Your leads were solid throughout the whole thing though. Good job, keep it up!

Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Yeah the phaser part after the first solo is a bit annoying to keep in time with because it is played so freely. Once the drums come in it's real easy to get back on. Thanks for the comments.
Quote by Shpongled
Yeah the phaser part after the first solo is a bit annoying to keep in time with because it is played so freely. Once the drums come in it's real easy to get back on. Thanks for the comments.

Yea, I've always struggled to stay with him when I play along with the song too. I haven't found a good backing track for it yet. Check out some of the stuff in my profile if you'd like and feel free to comment
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Gilmourish.com has some pretty good backing tracks available

I'd have to agree with Jimmy_Page_Zep in that some of the bends weren't high accurate enough. Considering Gilmour is a master in bending, that's something that has to be perfected

Another point I'd work on is, of course, your timing. I'm not just talking about those loosely-timed starting points, but some parts just don't "feel" like the original.

All in all, still a good attempt! The notes are pretty much there, good job.

Nice song choice, obviously. Love it

c4c if you wish, don't feel obligated
edit to below: don't worry about it
Last edited by sanderd at Jul 25, 2010,
sanderd, I'd comment on something you've done but it really isn't my place to as I am not a Tool fan. If you get up any songs I know I'll definitely check them out though.