A friend of mine and I were talking about making our own flavored vodka today and so far we've found two thing we would want to try: Bacon flavored and Skittles vodka. The skittles only takes a day to make and absorb the flavor, the bacon takes about 3 weeks which means we might have time to make it before school starts again . To get around this we thought about using bacon flavored candy (mints to be exact); do you think the candy would work if we only dissolved it over night or something?

Also what flavors have you guys made that you would recommend and how do you make them?

skittles recipe (found on here a while back)

Pump up your Vodka experience with Skittles Vodka!
1. Start by simply separating the Skittles into flavors. You want 60 of each.
2. Fill water bottles with 6 ounces of vodka each. It doesn’t need to be exact.
3. Pour the Skittles of one flavor into one , then pour the next flavor into the next bottle, and so on. Might want to use a funnel.
4. Give each bottle a good shake, the more, the better. The white insides of the Skittles have a lot of dissolving to do. After shaking them, set them aside for a few hours. It’s a good idea to shake them again then, especially if you’re making a bigger batch. It may take a full night.
5.You can use either paper towels or coffee filters as a strainer. Now, put a funnel inside a measuring cup. Now put four coffee filters in the funnel. It’s hard to say exactly how many you’ll need, since not all coffee filters are exactly the same. If you find you haven’t strained it thoroughly enough, the good news is: you can just strain again. Now pour one of the skittles-vodka mixes into the strainer setup. Repeat until all flavors are done. When done, pour each flavor into its own special flask.
6.Now you’ve got 5 flasks or bottles of Skittles infused vodka:
Stick them in the freezer for several hours – overnight is fabulous…
…and they’re ready to serve:
Now, these are pretty strong on their own – nearly pure vodka. They are also very sweet. You can drink them straight, served up in a chilled martini glass, or you can use them in a cocktail:

* Mix them with ginger ale, 7-up or Sprite to taste
* Mix them with cola to taste (diet cola cuts the sweetness a little)
* Serve them on the rocks to water it down a little
* Some people mix them with fruit juice.
* Everyone’s taste varies – there are so many directions you can take this drink in, you really should try anything that sounds good to you!

Cheers!

Bacon recipe
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676
You're only 17, you shouldn't be messing with alcohol just yet.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Skittles vodka tastes like straight vodka, with a pound of sugar, and a mouth full of skittles.
It's alright:3

Bacon sounds gross, and will probably make you sick, but I'd give it a go.

but i'll recommend just getting this:
Quote by rgrockr

?

First time I got drunk was 16. If TS lives in the UK then the drinking age is only 18

But yeah, bacon vodka sounds disgusting.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Skittles vodka is pretty horrible. Bacon sounds even worse. Try putting some weed leaves in tequila.
First off you'll want a jug something like this:
http://valleyvintner.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/JugLg.jpg

You can use just about anything you want; mint leaves, orange/lemon/lime rinds, diced tomatoes whatever (it should be in big groups of small portions).
Put them in the vodka, shut the lid and leave in the sunlight for about 10-15 days. Afterwards, serve (chilled or at room temperature. Not the searing heat that comes with the sun, unless you're a masochist).
And don't be a pussy and mix with other non-alcoholic drinks since it's already mixed enough.
ive tried with a bag of skittles and it just tastes like crap with a huge chewy sticky pile of gunk left over. Bacon sounds good though. i say try making one with chocolate
gross, can you get bacon-flavoured candy?

Quote by rgrockr

lal... People start drinking when they're 14 here in Denmark.. We can first buy alcohol when we're 16 though.
Last edited by cheesecakes4 at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by cheesecakes4
gross, can you get bacon-flavoured candy?

Yeah you can get just about any type of candy in bacon flavor. I've found gum, mints, jelly beans, gummies, hell even chocolate.
Quote by MagicsDevil

Quote by undecided1993

I'm not gonna lie, skittles vodka sounds really good.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
The bacon flavored candy will probably not taste at all like bacon, so I would recommend against that.
Quote by rgrockr

Because the 21 drinking age is completely logical...

The Skittles vodka sounds (theoretically) delicious. Bacon... No, just no.

EDIT:What would happen if you didn't separate the flavors of Skittles? Would it taste like a rainbow?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Jul 24, 2010,
Quote by stratkat
Skittles vodka tastes like straight vodka, with a pound of sugar, and a mouth full of skittles.
It's alright:3

Bacon sounds gross, and will probably make you sick, but I'd give it a go.

but i'll recommend just getting this:

Fuck, it's like seeing my nightstand on my computer screen. Just more colorful.
Quote by Spartan070sarge

EDIT:What would happen if you didn't separate the flavors of Skittles? Would it taste like a rainbow?

I think it would probably taste bad because there would be too many flavors going on at once
Quote by MagicsDevil

Quote by undecided1993

Quote by Spartan070sarge

I'm sure it would be like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkXJpsV0xoc
Quote by Spartan070sarge

I hope so. I might have to try this for sake that it sounds delicious beyond imagination.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Skittles Vodka is really nice.. So much to the point that it didn't even taste like vodka to me, which is definitely a bad thing seeing as I'm such a lightweight.

Be a man and drink beer.

Quote by Spartan070sarge

It looks and tastes like dairrhoea.

The strawberry one was my favourite. We had multiple flavours going.
Last edited by Bearded_Seth at Jul 24, 2010,
Both sound nasty. Can't say I wouldn't try the bacon vodka though haha.
There's danger on the edge of town,
Ride the king's highway baby

I've made the Skittles vodka before. Worked really well actually, and it tasted good by itself, or mixed with Sprite.
I talked to some people about the Skittles vodka thing, and it's starting to sound like some kind of hipster deal, so I don't think I'm gonna go near it.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I talked to some people about the Skittles vodka thing, and it's starting to sound like some kind of hipster deal, so I don't think I'm gonna go near it.
Well aren't you cool not doing something just because some hipster does
Quote by MagicsDevil

Quote by undecided1993

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I talked to some people about the Skittles vodka thing, and it's starting to sound like some kind of hipster deal, so I don't think I'm gonna go near it.
Well now that YOU'VE heard of it the hipsters can't like it anymore. So bottoms up.
Quote by wannabestoner69
Well aren't you cool not doing something just because some hipster does

I was being a smartass, although I can see now that I gave no hint towards that in my post. I really need to ease up on the drinking or stop posting on here for a bit.

I've actually got some yellow skittles working in there now.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jul 24, 2010,
Why are you not making warm apple pie? So much better than skittles/jolly rancher vodka...
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275