im looking for my first 12 string and just wondering whats the best I can get for around £400.

Thanks in advance
JAMIE IS HERE!!!!!!
Some used 12 strings can be under 400$, don't know about quality but there are a few under 400$. Fender, Mitchell, and Epiphone make a few of them in your price range.
Quote by seasiders
im looking for my first 12 string and just wondering whats the best I can get for around £400.

Thanks in advance

12 string or not, this is the best VFM and great sounding guitar. £450 all solid, hard case.

Faith Eclipse Venus 12 string

Faith Guitars website
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
I have a Freshman 12 string. Cost me £350. I'd recommend it highly.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
I have a Freshman 12 string. Cost me £350. I'd recommend it highly.

This one?

Freshman

Looks nice. Solid top, but laminated back and sides. No case either.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK
This one?

Freshman

Looks nice. Solid top, but laminated back and sides. No case either.

That's the one. Sounds great, very comfortable fretboard. And well I got a case free but that's irrelevant
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by obeythepenguin
I personally think solid wood back and sides are vastly overrated. I've never been able to hear the difference, and I have fairly good ears. Back and sides mostly reflect the sound from the top anyway; they vibrate a little, but not so much solid wood would make much difference.

@ OP, are you buying locally or online? My best advice is to always shop locally so you can try before you buy. That's true for any guitar, but especially a 12-string, since there's so much more to affect the feel of the instrument. And pay as much attention to the right hand side of things as the fretboard. A good one will play equally well pick- or fingerstyle.

I was hoping you'd do this anyway but I highly recommend doing this. I did play a few 12 strings in the store and I even went for one I wouldn't have went for based on appearance.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by obeythepenguin
I personally think solid wood back and sides are vastly overrated. I've never been able to hear the difference, and I have fairly good ears. Back and sides mostly reflect the sound from the top anyway; they vibrate a little, but not so much solid wood would make much difference.

Absolutely. In fact, laminated bits can be useful with regards to "robustness" when travelling or whatever.

BUT. If you COULD have all solid for about the same price as a mostly laminated, why not? If it suits your circumstances.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani