While my Carvin LB20f was a great bass, I wasn't using the fretless as much as I thought I would so I traded it for an Ibanez SRX695DX. It's my first fretted 5 string, and for someone who loves the Soundgear necks this bass is a-ma-zing.

Plays very smooth, very fast. As someone who hasn't really attempted to adjust from 4 to 5 strings, this bass is going to make it easy. In a pinch I could probably use it as a battering ram, but I'm 6'5" so the extra weight won't bother me. Current setup is quite nice, although I might straighten the neck a bit more. Wonderful tone, and sounds like the bass is on fire through my Bluebeard Fuzz pedal.

The gloss, finish and top on this bass make it look simply amazing. The pictures I saw online didn't do it justice and the pictures I have here don't either. It's something that needs to be seen in person! Very nice. I'm not usually a gold hardware fan, but I think it compliments the look well. Ignore my reflection in the bass. Nothing to see here!

My SR700 has bartolini mk1s, but the Ibanez pickups (haven't looked these up at all) seem to do a pretty good job. A little quiet compared to my mk1s, but a very nice tone nonetheless. The neck-thru gives some great sustain.

I think I may be becoming an Ibanez fan boy. While I eventually would like a rick 4001 and possibly a warwick vampyre, my high end (for soundgears) ibanez basses are beyond bang for your buck, and I recommend both very much! Here are the pics :>

Mmmm, that is a beast! I love the gold hardware. Also, I can't see the point of having a 4 string bass. 5 strings makes much more sense

HNBD!
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Nice bass. I've played one before and it was really smooth. Congrats.

Oh, and I can see into your living room through the back of your guitar
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
While over time I have become disillusioned with Ibanez and their necks, I can certainly appreciate the fine basses they churn out, rarely do you get such consistent quality at an affordable price point.

Anyways, HNBD! May you drown out guitards with your low end, sustain for hours on end, and shake the booty's of every crowd you play for with that magnificent instrument!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Dude, is that you in the reflection in the 2nd picture? Whoever that is, they look demonic.
thats a terrable bass. ship it to me so i can destroy it :p

great bass, hope you enjoy her.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
THE DEVIL'S IN YO BASS SON!

But yeah, it looks amazing. I'm looking at an SRX 5 string too =]
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Like the finish

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom