New amp for like a Megadeth style tone, that just sounds awesome, I just want a really hi gain metal sound.

This will go with the Jackson King V KVX10 I'm buying soon ish, the amp should be within the budget of £350 hopefully.

One other thing, I currently have a Marshall VS100 Head and 4x12 Valvestate Cab, and it's actually pretty cool for a Megadeth tone, but sometimes, it just doesen't really cut it compared to my friend's Vox Valvetronix for playing thrash metal/speed metal riffs effortlessly, and really heavy. I dunno, IF you guys think my current amp is good enough, maybe you could reccomend me an awesome metal distortion pedal instead to go with my current amp?
Are you playing with any effects or just the drive from the amp?
There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality.

I'm back!
If I were going for a Megadeth style tone I would go JCM800 + a boost.
You sound like you are looking for something very high gain though. The JCM800 wouldn't be so great for that, but no problem with Megadeth/Metallica type gain.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Jul 24, 2010,
Peavey 6505 112. I used to have one. It was really good for metal. It lacked for other styles though. You might also want to look at Jet City amps and then get a good overdrive and eq.
Bugera 333xl 212, it gets great metal sounds, the controls are all really dynamic so finding your perfect tone may take a while, but its worth it
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
Bugera 1990 = JCM900 Clone

No boost needed
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
Quote by jkielq91
or try the new marshall mg megastack designed with dave mustaine
What the hell is up with all these people recommending MGs and Spiders today?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by jkielq91
bugera 1990 or 333xl

he used a marshall jcm back in the day

or try the new marshall mg megastack designed with dave mustaine

No, do not do this.

Quote by Kanthras
What the hell is up with all these people recommending MGs and Spiders today?

The gear forums have been crazy all day today Is it international Troll day or something?

If I was you TS I would save up a little more for a quality tube amp, maybe one of the Bugeras mentioned in this thread. The amp you have should tide you over for the mean time, just take some time and experiment with the EQ.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Hey again guys...What amp does Dave Mustaine use? It's a Marshall of some kind I know...I could get that?
Quote by kerkhammet
Hey again guys...What amp does Dave Mustaine use? It's a Marshall of some kind I know...I could get that?

Marshall JCM800 and a Marshall JMP1 w/ Power 100/100

Into a Dave Mustaine Cab or a 1960s or some sort

Seriously though a 1990 would do the trick. There is a video from the MegaForum where a guy plays a 1990 with Megadeth licks. Its very tasty to my opinion

MG and a Spider is a thousand llamas sucking on your dick. Its horrible and no good
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
Quote by Mobiusr
Marshall JCM800 and a Marshall JMP1 w/ Power 100/100

Into a Dave Mustaine Cab or a 1960s or some sort

Something like this. The Dave Mustaine cab is new though, I assume he used something like a 1960 for most of his career. He also used a custom made Line 6 for United Abominations but that was never released commercially.

Seriously though TS, it's not worth it trying to copy another guitarists tone by buying their gear. You'll likely spend a fortune, still never achieve their tone and then become frustrated when your musical tastes change and you're stuck with a bunch of gear that doesn't fit your sound.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join