I'm pretty sure this is in B major and it goes a little something like this:

1 6

3 4

B//// //// G#7//// //// B//// //// G#7//// ////

D#m(7)//// E/B//// E/B(16?)////

Barre chords. I'm playing it pretty fast with a consistent low E bass note. Could anyone identify the correct name for that last chord? I'm adding the F# on the high E sting with my pinky. An A sharp fits in pretty well here too.

^_^ What do you think? Sound right?
I like it. I'd really have to hear how you are using them first.

How are you playing the E/B in this progression? You can just tab it in this formula for me [000000]
Are you sure you don't mean B/E? Need more info.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

~Leonardo da Vinci
Last edited by c_foster88 at Jul 25, 2010,
yeah its def in B maj...however if your keeping the E in the bass the whole time it wouldn't be a G#7...that would have to be a C augmented 6th... technically...but i think that your going for is the E major sound there because of the G#....
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
but E isn't the tonic...its the 4th
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
Quote by c_foster88
I like it. I'd really have to hear how you are using them first.

How are you playing the E/B in this progression? You can just tab it in this formula for me [000000]
Are you sure you don't mean B/E? Need more info.

Quote by Angusman60
yeah its def in B maj...however if your keeping the E in the bass the whole time it wouldn't be a G#7...that would have to be a C augmented 6th... technically...but i think that your going for is the E major sound there because of the G#....

@c_foster88 [779997] (Hence the E/B, since playing the 7 fret 1st string changes the root to B) Also adding the F# with the pinky on the 11th fret 6th string.

@Angusman60 I'm didn't mean I was playing a droning E note throughout the whole thing, just that I was playing the normal root notes on the low E string.
Well its not really a standard progression...but...If you made the G#7 a G#m7 then it would be in B however if you keep it it has to be in E

My Website
Quote by Angusman60
Well its not really a standard progression...but...If you made the G#7 a G#m7 then it would be in B however if you keep it it has to be in E

You're right. The progression is in E major not B major.

V V III III V V III III

VII VII(7) I I(sus9)

I'll add a video here in a minute.
Quote by griffRG7321
Play it.

I'm afraid that the video and sound quality is pretty bad, but at least you get the idea.

E Major Progression
Last edited by deVries.Erik at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by deVries.Erik
I'm afraid that the video and sound quality is pretty bad, but at least you get the idea.

E Major Progression

Thanks for the video. I like it. You can do a lot with this.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

~Leonardo da Vinci
Quote by c_foster88
Thanks for the video. I like it. You can do a lot with this.

Thanks! ^_^