Ok so I've been a little short on cash for a while and I decided to sell my Warlock (it's only bronze series)

I bought it for $150 and a coffin case for $120. The case fits my Ibanez 5 string that I normally play, but I was thinking about getting a gig bag for it instead.

So fist question is, how much should I expect to get for case+bass? I'm hoping for $100 for the bass and $100 for the case.

And second is, What gig bag should I get for my Ibanez SR 485? What am I looking for in quality? Do I have to worry about it not fitting? and would it be worth downgrading from hard case to bag? I don't do much traveling and I never put it through anything rough.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: nvm only paid $120 for case.
Random off brand P Bass (Fretless)
SR 485 Sound gear 5 string bass
60's Crown violin bass
Rogue RA-100D Acoustic Guitar
-
Peavey TNT 115 Bass Amp
Bass Big Muff pi
Dunlop Crybaby Bass Wah
Last edited by EBass at Jul 24, 2010,
Id keep the case. If you ever plan to take your bass anywhere, you can rest assured it's safe in a hard case. Maby that's just me...
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Sell privately. If you really need money sell the case too. I use the cheapest and worst gig bags ever! You wouldn't believe how unsafe my gig bags are, and how much they lack in padding .
Just get a padded gig bag.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by Hellhammerr
Sell privately. If you really need money sell the case too. I use the cheapest and worst gig bags ever! You wouldn't believe how unsafe my gig bags are, and how much they lack in padding .

lol nice

But do you guys think I could get $200?

And what bag should I look into? What quality am I looking for?
Random off brand P Bass (Fretless)
SR 485 Sound gear 5 string bass
60's Crown violin bass
Rogue RA-100D Acoustic Guitar
-
Peavey TNT 115 Bass Amp
Bass Big Muff pi
Dunlop Crybaby Bass Wah
Selling your hard case and buying a gig bag is definitely a downgrade. The thought of having a hard case can be a little off putting, because at times, they can be quite cumbersome, but in the long run its hugely convenient to be able to put your bass in a case and then not have to worry about it. Especially if its going in the back of vans with loads of other equipment.