I was at guitar center and I saw a used schecter c-1 elite for 449.99 and I played it and I fell in love. I currently have a schecter hellraiser deluxe and I was wondering if i could trade it in for the c-1 elite or at least for a discount or something. It was the first time i ever played a neck thru guitar and I will never buy another bolt on again. I looked it up on google to find that the c-1 elite is discontinued. what did it origionaly cost when it was in production? and is it a smart move trading in my current guitar for it?
yea trade it. if u want the guitar, go for it. besides, u may never find one again. u can buy another hellraiser o.O
It is a terrible idea to trade it in. Not because the C-1 elite isn't a good guitar, but because you will get zilch for trade-in. Try to sell on craigslist first. The C-1 elite is probably a decent guitar because I've played nothing but good schecters. I'm guessing it's Duncan Designed p'ups though, correct? I'm not sure on what it originally cost, but I would guess around $500-$550, so you're probably not getting too good of a deal. But if you really like it then it would be worth it.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
they're haveing a few sales currently. also i wouldn't trade it in, at least not yet. Wait untill you have a few guitars to trade any in
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
they are always having a few sales but everyone here is right. Guitar Center will give you next to nothing for your gear so trading it in is a bad idea. Plus i would try getting your current guitar professionally set up first and maybe your hellraiser is just as good.
I'd look on craigslist for a better deal.

It's got duncan designs and it's just a set neck. There's nothing really special about it. I found a few on eBay for $400. You're Hellraiser Deluxe is the better guitar... and that has an ultra access set neck.
^ You're missing point.

It doesn't matter what the "better" guitar is.

He played it, and liked it, because he liked the way it felt.

That's all that matters. That's the single most important thing in a guitar-player relationship, imo.

So yes, TS, you should. Even though GC will rip you off to tomorrow, chance are you'll get a 15% off on the C-1, so there's that at least, that might make up for the extra you would have got by selling it elsewhere.

In the end, see where it will sell better. But, if choose to sell it on ebay or on Craigs List, you'll have to wait a while before you can get the C-1. So there's that to consider as well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Dude I picked up my C-1 Elite for $250 off Craigslist.. and I've seen 3-4 since buying mine only a month ago.

Do NOT trade in your guitar. They will offer you half or something even less for your guitar.. Just don't.
Quote by Offworld92
^ You're missing point.

It doesn't matter what the "better" guitar is.

He played it, and liked it, because he liked the way it felt.

That's all that matters. That's the single most important thing in a guitar-player relationship, imo.

So yes, TS, you should. Even though GC will rip you off to tomorrow, chance are you'll get a 15% off on the C-1, so there's that at least, that might make up for the extra you would have got by selling it elsewhere.

In the end, see where it will sell better. But, if choose to sell it on ebay or on Craigs List, you'll have to wait a while before you can get the C-1. So there's that to consider as well.

Not really. I took that into consideration. It's not that nice of a guitar to begin with, and GC is selling it at a major rip off price.

I'm pretty sure C-1 Elites were some where around $500 new. GC sells used stuff for such high prices... you can still find something better used on Craigslist.

TS; I'd wait and find a different guitar. You're not getting a great deal, and GC will definitely rip you off with the trade in. I can safely say that a C-1 Elite isn't worth $450, especially because that's the cost of a Hellraiser Deluxe new, and it's a better guitar overall.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Not really. I took that into consideration. It's not that nice of a guitar to begin with, and GC is selling it at a major rip off price.

I'm pretty sure C-1 Elites were some where around $500 new. GC sells used stuff for such high prices... you can still find something better used on Craigslist.

TS; I'd wait and find a different guitar. You're not getting a great deal, and GC will definitely rip you off with the trade in. I can safely say that a C-1 Elite isn't worth $450, especially because that's the cost of a Hellraiser Deluxe new, and it's a better guitar overall.

The Hellraiser Deluxe was exactly 500 when I bought it, why did the price go down? And the c-1 elite is neck thru and its way more comfortable than my altra access neck.

So the c-1 elite isnt even that good? I think I will look into another guitar incase what you are saying is true.
Rule of life number 924. Never love something that can not love you back.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
The Hellraiser Deluxe was exactly 500 when I bought it, why did the price go down? And the c-1 elite is neck thru and its way more comfortable than my altra access neck.

So the c-1 elite isnt even that good? I think I will look into another guitar incase what you are saying is true.
No schecters have neck-thru. Only set neck with "ultra access"
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
Quote by SK8RDUDE411

The price went down because of the Damien Elites. The C-1 Elite just has a set neck, as far as I can tell. I can't find set-thru or neck-thru on anything.

The C-1 Elite isn't that great. It's not worth $450 used. I'm pretty sure that their new price was $500, and someone said they bought theirs for $250 or something in this thread.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

No, you still missed the point completely.

TS, if the guitar is comfortable to you, then you have to get it. It doesn't matter what people on here say, it doesn't matter that it's not a "good deal". Only you know what is right for you. Any guitar can be upgraded to hell and back. But not every guitar will sit right in your hands. Some people search for decades looking for that guitar.

Even if you find a better guitar for a better price, but it doesn't feel the same to you, if it doesn't feel good or right, then what exactly have you achieved? In the grand scheme: nothing.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
No, you still missed the point completely.

TS, if the guitar is comfortable to you, then you have to get it. It doesn't matter what people on here say, it doesn't matter that it's not a "good deal". Only you know what is right for you. Any guitar can be upgraded to hell and back. But not every guitar will sit right in your hands. Some people search for decades looking for that guitar.

Even if you find a better guitar for a better price, but it doesn't feel the same to you, if it doesn't feel good or right, then what exactly have you achieved? In the grand scheme: nothing.

Oh, okay. Yep. Totally missed the point.

I've played guitars that I loved but I didn't trade my Dean in for them. I waited until I got a better deal on a guitar that I ended up liking more than that.

What matters more is getting a better deal on that guitar. I've found that Schecter necks are pretty consistent, and I've liked them all because they've all felt right about the same.

It's not worth it to trade in a better guitar for a worse one for a rip off price, regardless of feel. TS can DEFINITELY get a better deal. I paid $270 for my C-1 Artist II. They retailed $600-$700 new. That's a really good deal.