i bought strings for my electric guitar around a year ago, i cant remember what they were called. it said slinky on the package which was pink. anyways the strings feel to loose, should i get thicker strings?
i think they are 9-42s. it depends if you like them or not

i use the hybrid slinkys (10-46) after moving from those 9-42s. I like the hybrids much more
Last edited by Haustinj at Jul 24, 2010,
Probably Ernie Ball Super Slinky's which are 9 gauge. What tunings do you play in mostly? If you play standard tuning then I would say 9s or 10s (although there are some people who swear by thicker stuff) but for drop tunings you are gonna want thicker strings so they don't get floppy.

EDIT: damn gotta learn to type faster haha
pink is super slinkys (9 gauge) if u dont like them try ten gauge. i use tens on one of my guitars n 11s on the other jus cuz it came with em n i like the way they feel if you go higher than tens you might want to get your guitar re-set up as the thicker strings can cause neck issues
check out the skinny top/heavy bottom ernie balls....really thick stuff for bassy, raunchy power chords and what not, and solid high end strings that don't feel like fishing line.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by Haustinj
i think they are 9-42s. it depends if you like them or not

i use the hybrid slinkys (10-46) after moving from those 9-42s. I like the hybrids much more

Just FYI...10-46 isn't the Hybrid slinky. The Hybrid slinky is 9-46.

10-46 is just their standard 10 gauge.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.