Ok. I have a peavey valveking 2x12 i love the sound i have but my style has changed alot so i dont need the headroom. i would like a single channel tube amp with around 30 watts. I really dont want more than 30 watts unless its really worth it. i will be selling the valveking so my budget will be 600 usd but i only want used so that helps a bit. i want a great clean sound that will take pedals great i will be putting a ocd and tubescreamer for my overdrives i need help because most of what im finding are two channels. another note is i love the fender blues jr. and it would be perfect with a bit more volume for my gigs so anything close to it would be great.
Vox AC30.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I second the JCA. Great amp, very good cleans if not the best in their price range. As bet said, they take pedals well. You'll definitely need a boost for heavier stuff though.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
AC15 if you don't mind going with 15 watts. The Jet City is also very good though.
I have a huge fear if rays.
im worried about headroom issues though with the jet city. i need it to be very clean at pretty high volumes. anyone that has it i would really like to know how hard it can be pushed before overdrive. the more i look im very interested in the fender hot rod deluxe. its 40 watts so a bit more than i wanted but how would it sound using only the clean channel and my ocd? if it takes pedals anywhere near as good as my old blues jr. i might be sold on it plus i found one for 300 usd.
As the user somewhere else posted, you can always get a cab with your extra cash after gettin the JCA combo to get yourself that extra oomph. I own the JCA20H, and I can play cleans at gigs with only a 1x12 speaker cab, but the gain does control the volume considerably, you won't be able to get as loud as the amp can be without tweaking the gain, which could be a downside, although minor tweaks go a long way on that amp without sacrificing too much clarity.

I've not heard too many good things about the hot rod series, can't make any input on it however as I've never tried it.

I can personally vouch for both the sound and reliability of Jet City however, great amps if you don't mind the lack of 2 channels. I'm actually upgrading to the 50H, whenever GC has it and I have the cash.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.