Hey yall!

I'm Aerin and I'm the lead guitarist of the band Euralea! (Yes the exclamation mark is included.) I've been a member here now on UG and I've even contributed a few guitar pro tabs, as well as showing my personal instrumental songs i write. I'm just now putting up my band because it seems like a cool thing to do!

Euralea! is all about a pop punk rock sound but, being a more advanced guitar player, I've tried to something a little bit more interesting than just a four power chord strum like crazy sort of tune. I also like to rip a solo when needed, which definitely isn't the norm in our genre....but it comes out sounding good and we like it.

Our first single is entitled "Let's See You Do Better" and that's mainly the one you wanna look at when you go to our myspace. We're also on youtube and it's on my personal playlist on my profile. We've written an album's worth of songs but don't have the funds to go into the studio again to record them right now. We have most our songs, acoustic and electric as well as a couple covers, on our myspace, www.myspace.com/euralea

Let's See You Do Better was the only one that managed to get mixed and mastered so the others sound VERY rough. WE also had only a couple of takes each to lay down our parts but we're confident in the songs.

Please give it a listen and I sincerely hope you all like our single. We MUCHO appreciate feedback and criticism. Any outside input will just give us the will to keep on going.

Thanks!

Aerin
GEAR

Schecter Synyster Custom w/ EVH D TUNA
Peavey EVH Wolfgang w/ EVH D TUNA
Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Marshall Valvestate AVT 50h Head
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Female Fronted Pop/Punk Right HERE For Ya!
You should consider making it louder; I had to turn up my speaker level and the myspace player to 100%, then put my speakers at 60%. So probably just a bit louder, other than that it's good!
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Lol thanks for the kick ass reply. Believe it or not that made my day. As for the volume...well i'll say i've honestly never gotten that before! But i'll certainly look into fixing that for you! Thanks for the feedback so far everybody!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Wow, I just noticed you guys are from the Quad Cities. Awesome, there aren't a ton of alt/punk bands around here. I'll have to check you guys out sometime.
Yes this is pretty good. Make a free EP with properly mixed tracks and ill play em for my friends
Yep we are from the QCA! We havn't been able to play out in about a year becasue we can't find a replacement bassist and rhythm guitarist. We'd play if we could at least find a bassist but no luck. You should know how hard it is to find commited musicians at our age in this town. AS for the EP comment, We REALLY want to do that. We want to get 4 or 5 songs together and get them recorded and mixed but we just don't have the money. Which is odd because the drummer, the singer and I record rather quick. Let's See You Do Better was done in a about 2 hours max. If we did get enough money together we'd be able to do our EP in maybe a day. If people like us enough we'll try harder to get it done. If you DO like this song then you can go to www.myhitrecord.com and download it. Any download helps us out because we get some moolah for the recording studio.

Thanks for the great comments so far!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Nice music, I like everything about it. It's been a while since I've found a band from this site that I like this much. Good job!
That means alot! Thanks! I put as much as i can into the song writing part so i have a poppish song that can be played on the radio, but still has some skill to it. I love bands like all time low and paramore but some of their music gets a little boring with all the chord chugging and that's it. Hopefully one day we'll be played on ANY radio heh
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Quote by rhoadsboy815
That means alot! Thanks! I put as much as i can into the song writing part so i have a poppish song that can be played on the radio, but still has some skill to it. I love bands like all time low and paramore but some of their music gets a little boring with all the chord chugging and that's it. Hopefully one day we'll be played on ANY radio heh

Yeah, I know what you mean. I love Paramore and I kind of like All Time Low but I wish they would improvise and solo more over the songs. I havent listened to all of your songs yet but I really liked the guitar solo in the song at the top of the list.
Ha thanks. To be honest that solo wasn't even really thought out and doesn't actually sound like my usual guitar parts. Just made it up before a practice one day and laid it down in the studio. Everybody thinks it fits the song though!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Oh! By the way. If you want to listen to any other songs besides "Let's See You Do Better" I would suggest "Faults" because it's the better sounding out of all the others. All the acoustics are covers so far and they don't sound too bad because it's just an acoustic guitar and maybe a little drum.

Keep the suggestions coming, thanks!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Hey guys, I just wanted to update something.

If ANYbody enjoys our music or just wants to help us out, you can goto www.myhitrecord.com and download our tracks. It's only like half a buck per song and the money goes right back to us. Any little bit will help us out and get us back in the studio so we can continue making music for you guys! like i said, we already have a few songs written besides the ones up here and myhitrecord.

Thanks again and keep on rockin!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

You guys are really good.
I like the female vocalist aspect and the non standard guitar parts for punk rock stuff.

Been listening to your songs on Myspace and hope you release them officially soon.
All the best for the future!
Thanks a lot! I'm super glad you like the different aspects of our music. As for the official part well....My birthday's in like two weeks and i told everyone i know who is willing to give me a gift that i just want money for the studio. Hopefully we'll get enough and we can schedule ourselves into a studio across the river in about 3 weeks. This studio's quality is really good and if the songs come out sounding good enough we'll see if we can sell them on different sites or i tunes or something. I've never done anything like that so i don't know where to start but for now you can buy our songs on www.myhitrecord.com right now for only like 30 cents a pop. uber cheap. I do know once we record our songs and get them done they're IMMEDIATELY going on myhitrecord so I'll be sure to give an update on when that happens.

Thanks for all the comments! I check this thread every day to see what anybody else has to say.
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

I'm really sorry but for some reason when I click to download your songs on that site the page goes blank. If you can get your songs up on itunes after your birthday I'll definitely buy them though. Also, Happy Birthday in advance.
Thanks!!! I'll finally get over this 18 shiznit. I'm onto new and better things in my 19th year. As for the blank page thing. That is extremely odd! I dunno why it wouldn't be working........i'm sooooooo messaging the owner of the site for this!

I'll put a post up here when we get that fixed. Thanks for the heads up!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Last edited by rhoadsboy815 at Aug 6, 2010,
Actually, nevermind, I've downloaded them now. I was being a dumbass and trying to download from the link underneath the info section. After making an account I realised that that is just for downloading a pdf file (I'm guessing it wouldn't let me because I wasn't logged in). Anyway, then I found the link to download your tunes and the payment has been sent via paypal! Hope it helps.
Thanks!!! Every little bit helps. We're in this for real and we can't get there without some better quality tracks. We've sent a demo off to different record labels but no one's responded yet. oh well! we'll send them our new tracks once we get them recorded.

Thanks again!!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

sounds great, reminds me of all time low a lot, and youve covered one of there song sounds really tight and great quaility recordings

Hope everything works out for your band, your great

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
Thanks! I'm glad you liked the all time low cover. We rarely get comments about the covers so we didn't really know if they sucked and people just ignored them heh. But thanks a ton for your comment. Made my night!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Weeeelll we got some moolah for the studio and we've got two songs that we're ready to record. We'll be schedualing ourselves in soon and we'll be in the studio inside of 3 weeks to a month. Hopefully everyone can wait that long.

Adios!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Annnnnnddddd we're set. We've got ourselves scheduled in and we're going to record two new songs. We're doing more than we usually do too by adding some orchestra bits and a crowd chant thingy. All the new songs will be up to download on sep 27. Can't wait!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Hey everybody!

Well it's been a while but we finally have the first mixes of TWO NEW SONGS up on our myspace, www.myspace.com/euralea Please go and check them out! We worked hard and in a month or two we're going back in the studio and recording 2 to 3 more songs so we can finish up our debut ep, We're Just Getting Started.

As always you can goto www.myhitrecord.com and purchase all our songs for like 33 cents a pop. ubbbbberrr cheap.

We're going to remix them in a couple of days so if anybody has any insight on that aspect feel free to make suggestions!

Hopefully you guys like em as much as you liked the old songs! We appreciate any form of feedback, suggestions or criticism so don't be afraid to speak up!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Haha YEAH! Female fronted bands unite! Although I'm usually into something very different, you guys make very accessible pop punk that I can dig. I like your singer's voice a lot, she has got a good sound. The song structure of your single, as well as the overall sound quality and mixing was quite impressive. Throwing a friend request your guys' way, as well as an invitation to come check out my band, Helicopria. We have a definite pop influence, but we are writing songs in a very progressive and experimental style. Keep rocking!
Lol thanks! I'll accept that invite soon once i get on my fast comp. Thanks for the comment on her voice, she has uber low self esteem and doesn't think she sounds good but everyone who listens to us can't stop talking about her voice. I'll also check out your band as soon as i get on my other comp. Thanks for the comment!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Crap...Just realized i forgot to mention what the song names were. The first new one we recorded is "Forget and Regret" and the second one is "Prelude To A Waltz". Sorry!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab