Right, I have an Epiphone Les-Paul Standard Plus. Recently, the neck of the guitar was cracked right below the headstock. I had it fixed by a guitar store near me in cheltenham. When my mum's friend picked it up, they told her that they fixed a few other things on it. I however, do not know what these are. But ever since I've had it back, when I put my guitar onto the 'Rhythm' setting, it is considerably louder than my 'Treble' setting, which is still louder than before I had it sent away. Infact, it has made me inadvertaly do more of my solo's with the rhythm setting, which i actually prefer, but yeah. What would cause this sudden change in loudness?
Could have done a set up and raised the pickup. Just turn the screws to lower it if this is the case.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
dont think there's any wires in the neck lol. you could try calling them and asking what exactly they fixed,hopefully they have some kind of log of it. id be pissed off if they couldnt remember XD
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Yeah, I'll ask when I go in there soon. they should remember it as my school had to pay for everything, so it should be pretty memorable!
Lower the pick up right now and tell me if it works out. That seems most likely to me and you can avoid the hassle.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
well, its 20 past 5 in the morning where i live so I can't really turn my amp on and try it. but I will when everyone in my house is up. by turning the screws, do you mean the ones at the centre of the immediate outside of the pickup?
Yeah, I do. They're going through brackets on the pickup. Google it to check out estimated distances from the strings cause one side should be lower. I don't know which though, I just do it by ear and what I prefer. Tightening raises it. Loosening it lowers it. Sometimes they do that when I get a set up.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Quote by Venomtank
well, its 20 past 5 in the morning where i live so I can't really turn my amp on and try it. but I will when everyone in my house is up. by turning the screws, do you mean the ones at the centre of the immediate outside of the pickup?

yes those should raise and lower the pick ups
For future reference, which one is the rhythm pickup and which one is the treble? im guessing the bridge one is the treble and the neck is the rhythm? as if you player closer to the bridge if not plugged in, it has a harsher sound? while more towards the neck, it is much more mellow
you would be correct my good man. And out of habit, despite the rhythm and lead names, I use the neck pickup for soloing as it sounds smooth when distorted. I like the bite of the bridge for rhythm.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Quote by Venomtank
For future reference, which one is the rhythm pickup and which one is the treble? im guessing the bridge one is the treble and the neck is the rhythm? as if you player closer to the bridge if not plugged in, it has a harsher sound? while more towards the neck, it is much more mellow

Typically on an Epiphone/Gibson/Agile LP, on the pickup switch it says "Rhythm" and "Treble." Rhythm is the neck, Treble is the bridge.
Im a traditionalist lol for powerchord's and heavier songs I use the treble setting with lotsa gain, and if im doing something smooth and melodic i use the rhythm, perhaps with the tone knob turned down to half way to give it that acoustic feel
If you like it, keep it that way I would. but yeah, most solos are done on the neck pickup to begin with, dude. Cuts down the treble and gives a clearer sound.
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Chances are they did a setup when they fixed the neck and changed the pickup height. If you like the way it sounds then leave it, otherwise lower the bridge a bit.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Yeah I know that they did a setup, but I wasn't aware that they would mess around with the pickups? I thought that just meant make sure everythign was ok, like the tuners, nut, bridge, action etc