I've been wanting to pick up a framus, but the recent recordings i have been listening too so sound similar it doesn't seem to have a point...
Guitars
Amps
If you want an amp to compare a Cobra too, the Dual Recto is the one. Its a tighter version of a dual recto to put it in familiar amp terms. it has its own unique voicing though
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
If you want an amp to compare a Cobra too, the Dual Recto is the one. Its a tighter version of a dual recto to put it in familiar amp terms. it has its own unique voicing though

Not really... the recto has a pretty scooped voicing while the framus is a middy powerhouse. The framus is just about one of the most "in your face" amps for metal you can buy.

And to op, listen to Parkway drive to hear what the cobra sounds like and Trivium for the 6505. There's a pretty big difference imo.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
Not really... the recto has a pretty scooped voicing while the framus is a middy powerhouse. The framus is just about one of the most "in your face" amps for metal you can buy.

And to op, listen to Parkway drive to hear what the cobra sounds like and Trivium for the 6505. There's a pretty big difference imo.

parkway drive often used 5150/6505's on some of their records and trivium used marshall tsl/dsl's for ages aswell so you kinda need to specify which album you mean

i'd say the cobra was thicker and beefier than the 6505 but the only way to tell whether it's worth upgrading is to try one out yourself
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana

Thats why i said it has its own unique voicing. if anything in terms of familiar amps its a cross between a Recto and Mark Amp
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks