The guys in the band are giving me shit about my combo vypyr 60 said it looked like a video game toy ha ha. Anyway I'm keeping it sounds fantastic, there are 2 guitars in the band the other likes to play through a carvin v-3 and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the windsor head?

We play covers, anything from zeppelin to godsmack mostly hard rock ect.... Was thinking about running my vox tonelab into the windsor and maybe I could get a decent tone with the combination, or maybe an mxr overdrive and the windsor and a reverb pedal ect.... would appreciate any insight
thanks
The Windsor's fantastic for the zeppelin type stuff. Never really could get it to do high gain stuff, though. Maybe with enough tweaking, it'd do it, but I wasn't that patient.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
If it sounds great and you don't want to get rid of it, why change it out? If you like it, keep it in.

And to answer your question, yes it will cover those types of tones with a boost, though there are better amps in that range (about $500, right?). Try a Marshall JCM2000 DSL combo first before you buy the Windsor.
Quote by phlip999
If it sounds great and you don't want to get rid of it, why change it out? If you like it, keep it in.

And to answer your question, yes it will cover those types of tones with a boost, though there are better amps in that range (about $500, right?). Try a Marshall JCM2000 DSL combo first before you buy the Windsor.

Man I can pick this head up for $200 and the cheapest dsl was $600 that I can find, also found a Bugera 6262 for $300
Quote by B.Cross
Man I can pick this head up for $200 and the cheapest dsl was $600 that I can find, also found a Bugera 6262 for $300

Gotta figure, though, you need to buy a cab, too. Gonna be about the same when it's all said and done.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by kaosxrocker
Gotta figure, though, you need to buy a cab, too. Gonna be about the same when it's all said and done.

Already have a cabinet it's a carvin legacy cab with gt12-T75's I believe anyway it sounds really good with the vypyr
Then nevermind. Get the Windsor. If it doesn't work for you, sell it and get the DSL.

Quote by wolvenrick
as much as I hate the vypyr, i'd still say it's better than the windsor. The windsor is embarrassingly bad. Definitely don't get the windsor, you will kick yourself, and probably won't be able to resell it very easily.

go with the bugera
Quote by handbanana
as much as I hate the vypyr, i'd still say it's better than the windsor. The windsor is embarrassingly bad. Definitely don't get the windsor, you will kick yourself, and probably won't be able to resell it very easily.

go with the bugera

Why do you hate the vypyr? And I have read that the bugera has some volume spike inherit issues so that would probably be a bad choice. There is always the valveking and the old Ampeg VL series which usaully go cheap around 300 or so. Anyway I can use the vypyr till I find something, by the way the vypyr performs admirably against my buddies carvin v-3 as the matter of fact I would even say it sounds better especailly with that carvin legacy cabinet. The plexi model is to kill for on this amp as well as the 6505 and the JSX and many others this amp rocks but like I said the guys are giving me shit about the way it looks.
The Vypyr Tube stands on the same level as the 6260, in my opinion.

Screw your band members. If you really care about what they think, build a new shell for it, or take off the 'viper teeth' (the plastic bit). That should help you somewhat.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The Vypyr Tube stands on the same level as the 6260, in my opinion..

Uhhh, no. The vypyr is a hybrid modeler. The 6260 is world better than the vypyr. It sounds to me like you've probably never played either amp.
Quote by handbanana
Uhhh, no. The vypyr is a hybrid modeler. The 6260 is world better than the vypyr. It sounds to me like you've probably never played either amp.

The Vetta has no tubes and kills the 6260. And every other amp bugera make.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by handbanana

Funny you should mention that, fyi the vypyr preamp is analog controlled by the digital circuitry so the preamp signal in the vypyr is their transtube analog signal. Basically the amp is like a peavey mace, which was used extensively in recording studios around the world. The amp is not a digital modeler per say. As far as sounding as good as the 6262 I don't know but sounds as good as a V-3 Carvin and some of the models sounded better than the carvin.