Tomorrow I'm going to grab a new set of strings for my Schecter, because I took it out of the case today for the first time in a few days.. And man, strings are rusty as hell. Plus I'm looking to get a bit of a higher gauge..

Currently, it's got 11-54. I have it setup in dropped C [CGCFAD].

I'm looking at Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky [12-56]. How would these fare in dropped C? Also, would these be heavy enough to go down to C standard? I just want to expand my horizons a bit with playing.. Dropped D and C are getting old rather quickly.

My Schecter is a 25.5" scale length.

If you've got another suggestion for string gauge, or brand, give me advice. I'm open to try any brand, as long as the Daddy's Junky Music in the city next to me has 'em in stock. So, stick to the popular brands to be safe.. Thanks.

Any advice is appreciated.
I use Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkies, and they're great for going down to drop C. And they'll pull of C standard as well. I've gone down as low as B standard with them, but they got pretty floppy down there. So the 12's you want to get will work great for your de-tuning needs
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
I use Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkies, and they're great for going down to drop C. And they'll pull of C standard as well. I've gone down as low as B standard with them, but they got pretty floppy down there. So the 12's you want to get will work great for your de-tuning needs

Thanks, yeah I've used the Beefy's before and it was nice, but it felt floppy to me, just floppy enough that I decided I want to get a little higher gauge. Guess I'll buy the 12's and give it a go, I've nothing to lose.
i have DR DDT strings and they are amazing. i think they are 12-60? and they are perfect for drop c. doesnt feel floppy or anything. im sure they would be fine in even lower tunings as well.
Quote by kiaba94
i have DR DDT strings and they are amazing. i think they are 12-60? and they are perfect for drop c. doesnt feel floppy or anything. im sure they would be fine in even lower tunings as well.

If I see those in stock there, I'll grab a set of those too. Any idea how much a pack is? Usually Ernie Balls only run me about $6 or $7 depending on the place.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Thanks, yeah I've used the Beefy's before and it was nice, but it felt floppy to me, just floppy enough that I decided I want to get a little higher gauge. Guess I'll buy the 12's and give it a go, I've nothing to lose.

If the Beefy's felt floppy to you, I'm sure the 12's will end up being perfect for you. I was thinking about switching to 12's sometime, as I have been dwelling more into tuning to B and sometimes lower.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings