I'm looking to better the tuning stability on my V-50, as it's horrible (or at least, way below my standards.

Will this do the trick, or do you suggest locking tuners as well? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Graph-Tech-Slotted-Trem-Nut-for-Jumbo-Guitar-360455-i1129705.gc

I'd rather not get locking tuners, just because of how much the cost, and I may not use this guitar at all in a year. You never know.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Zeletros
Did you check your link yourself?

The link works fine
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
My Schecter has one. As far as I know it's a great nut.

I've done some bends behind the nut and it makes the string raise in pitch after releasing it. I'd definitely get the nut, and then get locking tuners if you absolutely have to.
Quote by Koshman32
The link works fine

It shows me how to order and ask to choose my country and currency. Maybe it's a "where you live" thing.
When I go in a thread, I post information that's hopefully helpful for the TS...

So yeah, again, get the nut first. Then if you absolutely need them, locking tuners. Why not go with high quality regular tuners? Aren't those cheaper than locking tuners?
if the guitar has bad stability that wont help it if the tuners are shifty
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
When I go in a thread, I post information that's hopefully helpful for the TS...

So yeah, again, get the nut first. Then if you absolutely need them, locking tuners. Why not go with high quality regular tuners? Aren't those cheaper than locking tuners?

I could. But they still cost a bit themselves too. It's kind of the mentality that if I'm going to upgrade, I want to upgrade all the way. I'd only get locking tuners since it's a hardtail though. I'm used to using guitars with FR's, so that's why I'm not really sure what will fix the problem.

First I'll lube the nut and see how much that helps. If it's still bad, I'll get a nut, then if it's still bad, then I'll start looking at tuners.

I mainly just wanted to know if that nut would work well, since I've heard a lot about Graph Tech being really good and all that.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Zeletros
It shows me how to order and ask to choose my country and currency. Maybe it's a "where you live" thing.

Did you try choosing your country and the currency you use then click the button below that? It takes you to the page of the nut in question.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
You might have to do some routing for them locking tuners, no?

I think a new nut and tuners will fix it up right away. But that Graph Tech nut will certainly increase your tuning stability. I've noticed no tuning problems at all with my Schecter. Even when changing environments (from my AC room to an 80 degree garage), it hardly detunes.

I can safely say that nut will help.
Quote by Zeletros
It always does that. Just tell it you're from America and then you can see the links as normal; after all, if you're outside America and Canada then you won't ever buy anything from them anyway, so it doesn't matter if you don't put in your real location.

Anyway, a graphite nut won't do anything for you if your guitar has a fixed bridge (which yours does). Locking tuners are also rather pointless; they are more a tool to save time when restringing, they don't actually hold tune any better than regular tuners.
The most likely explanation for your guitar going out of tune is you haven't restrung it correctly. Even the crappiest of Strat copies with the worst bridges and nuts known to man will stay in tune if they're set up and treated right (well, at least until their brides wear down, but that's a whole different topic). Check the stickied thread, make sure you're restringing the guitar properly.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^ I'll try that first then. Should be fun. I don't like fixed bridge guitars. So much work...

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X