Sorry, massive pics.

Ordered a new guitar, the Dot, and it came in. I noticed however that there was a small hole in the soundblock. I'm tempted to send it back, but the more I think of doing so, I consider it a "birthmark" of sorts. I was wondering if this will cause the tone to be lesser than other guitars without the hole. Its maybe 0.8 cm across, on the guitar's right wing, by the low E.

Pics:

Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
do YOU like how it sounds?
i dont see it doing any harm to the guitar so i wouldnt return it unless it doesnt sound how i want it to
I dont think it really affects it, but there is a hole in the guitar
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
it's a knot on the inside of the guitar, visible thru the soundhole?

i guess if the acoustic tone of the guitar changed in some way when the knot, or area around it, was pressed
i'd have issue with it.

but, if the guitar played well, i'd keep it.

if it bothers you a bunch, then talk to the company and exchange it.

it'll take a few weeks i guess. but if you're in no rush, then do it.

certainly, if you were in a sam ash store and there were two guitars on the wall, and one had a knot, you'd choose the other.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It might be a little different tone wise, but not enough for anyone to hear it. If it were a more expensive guitar, then I would do something about it, but it isn't a big deal really.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
bring it back it may not mature now but when you try to trade it. it is a poor excuse for quality control. why do you have to ask dump it.
Alright. I'll exchange it. It'll be a couple weeks before I can get a new one.

I got it through mail from Long & McQuade, and they didnt even set it up, so they prolly didn't even check the guitar over.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
make sure you contact them first, let them know it's damaged so you can try to get shipping costs covered.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'm pretty sure they're paying for shipping one way, which I will be doing. I'm going to be picking my next one is person, in store, and checking EVERYTHING.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
If youre going to be picking up the new one in the store, why not just return the old one there?
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Not wanting to be a dick or anything, but I hope people now see why I always stress that you have to try out a guitar before you buy it and buying online blindly is rarely a smart idea.

I would definitely return it. Lots of guitars have knots in the wood if you take the finish off and are fine, but it's unacceptable to have such a glaring mark right there in plain view.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Not wanting to be a dick or anything, but I hope people now see why I always stress that you have to try out a guitar before you buy it and buying online blindly is rarely a smart idea.

I would definitely return it. Lots of guitars have knots in the wood if you take the finish off and are fine, but it's unacceptable to have such a glaring mark right there in plain view.

As soon as I saw you post, I knew you were gonna say this. Thanks Flibble, I will now trust your ever-so-wise knowledge about guitar.

Its not just a knot, its a HOLE in the soundboard. Not tall the way through, but a spot where there is no wood.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive