I was just given a squier strat for free so i'm going to turn it into a lefty, just kind of for fun to mess around with every now and then.

Does anyone know a good place where I can buy a cheap lefty nut?

or perhaps a UGer has some extras?
You should be able to just flip the nut. Strat style nuts are usually the same both ways because they sit in the fretboard rather than on the end like a Gibson style nut.
Quote by littlephil
You should be able to just flip the nut. Strat style nuts are usually the same both ways because they sit in the fretboard rather than on the end like a Gibson style nut.

The slots would be cut wrong.

Most online stores would probably sell lefty nuts, or you could buy a blank one and file it yourself.
Quote by 601210
The slots would be cut wrong.

No they wont, almost all Strat nuts are symmetrical long-ways. There are tons of people out there with Strats who've flipped their nuts and have no problems at all.
Quote by littlephil
No they wont, almost all Strat nuts are symmetrical long-ways. There are tons of people out there with Strats who've flipped their nuts and have no problems at all.

this wont be as funny in the morning
Quote by littlephil

And there are tons of people who suffer fret buzz due to incorrectly cut nuts.
Theres not a ready source of precut leftie nuts out there. Might be able to order one from fender. I always have to use blanks. And you can't just flip them around the bevel is cut the wrong way then which isnt any good for action or intonation.

Your just going to have to pay the bucks and get a shop to cut one for you.