Hey UGers, just wondering about upgrades for my Schecter c-1+. Ive already replaced the pickups and put strap locks on, but im not familiar with the electronics and tone controls and all that. Would upgrading the electronics make the tone better? and Can i make it so theres a smoother increase in volume?
the wiring wont change the tone any (noticeably at least), unless you changed the capacitor on the tone knob.

what do you mean by making it smoother? i believe a 1 mega-ohm pot is what you're looking for though.

have you read the ultimate wiring thread? i dont think it would have your answer, but if you're interested in the wiring it would be a good read.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Well when i go to turn up the volume its a very drastic change. Like all the volume comes on at once, instead of slowly, mostly its an issue for swells, because its not a gradual increase, i may be wrong, but would that be the taper?
i do believe that would be the value. what value are the pots now? last time i dealt with a schecter i believe it was a 250k? i dont recall exactly.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
i do believe so, like i said, im not familiar to various upgrades to guitars. I love it and the way it plays, just you know, it could use a few minor upgrades to liven it up and a little tlc for fun.
The swell issue has to do with the taper of the pot. Linear versus Audio. The way you describe it, you probably have Linear taper pots. These can be easily switched out for Audio taper pots, which will give a smoother increase in volume.
Also, general consensus is that 500k pots are best used for humbuckers and 250k are best used for single coils, although some people choose differently. since you haven't changed any parts, I would assume that Schecter put 500k pots in the C1+ as it is equipped with humbuckers.