Pit.

For media studies this semester i need to do a documentary.

It can be of any issue, or occurrence.

Any answers are welcome, even if they are just based on an attempt to take the piss, as long as they're humorous.

I had been thinking of doing something around the growing need for live shows in local areas of Australia to help support musicians in a time where piracy impacts heavily on their income, but i'm open to other ideas.
Do something about the utter seriousness of ultra poppy hair metal. That or something better for a documentary.
BC Rich Warlock 81/85 Floyd Rose
Strat copy
J-Bass copy
Pre-1933 Olds Bass Trombone (G/F Triggers)
UWT Inc. Ukulele
Ibanez TK999HT Tube King Distortion
Digitech RP70
Currently, only with a Fender Frontman 25R

"We'll do it live"
Do one about local musicians and help them get notices, go to their shows, tape them, interview them about how they got started, etc.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by RampagingAcorn
Do one about local musicians and help them get notices, go to their shows, tape them, interview them about how they got started, etc.

This.

Now I know what I'm going to do if I ever need to make a documentary.
Take the idea from the recent thread there was here,where is the music industry heading to?
What will be the future of bands?will they need record labels?will there be CD's and etc.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I don't mind your own idea TS, it does feel like a bit of an issue.
You could possibly mention that small riot they had in melbourne for music during march as evidence for a decline in live shows.
Perhaps
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
You could do something about loners that abuse drugs and alcohol and spend all of their time posting on message boards and masturbating instead of going out of their houses. Hypothetically speaking, of course, I'm not really sure where you could actually find such a population of such pathetic individuals.
Well, with kind of the world recession (don't know how bad australia has it) you could document low income families that didn't live out of their means and how it affected them and then document the families that lost a lot because they lived above their means and how it affects them now. (kind of harder, but i think it's a great idea.)

I know this is a guitar website, so you could always go that route with the small bands.
Do a documentry like the one in cannibal holocaust...

Though you wont have a high chance of survival..but hey thats part of the adventure!
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
do one on the decline standard of audio quality due to over compression and the like since the early 80's to now,culminating in metallicas death magnetic with its uber cllipping
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Do a documentary on why your such a ****ing ******. Oh wait that would take too long, because there are so many reasons. Do a documentary on how many dicks you have sucked. Opps same problem. Im out of ideas
I've thought about doing 2 documentaries:

one about why soldiers choose to join the army, seems quite odd to me risking your life and doing a really hard job when you don't have to

and another why kids I went to school with have started doing petty crime
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
I've thought about doing 2 documentaries:

one about why soldiers choose to join the army, seems quite odd to me risking your life and doing a really hard job when you don't have to

and another why kids I went to school with have started doing petty crime

Well to serve the country,some people are very patriotic and feel like it's a must,some just want to kill people,some have had generations of army-men in their family and they have pressure from them to join.

Crime is exciting if you're not caught,and it's worth,so its for the thrill,money,and all the girls you get from telling stories about it.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by bikerboyjosh

More women die from abuse each year than men die in war.

TS, your original idea sounds pretty cool. Perhaps if it is good enough of a film you could show it to a few places where gigs used to happen. You might be the local hero.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I like the documentarys like Louis Theroux, where he just stays with different groups of people and follows them around as they do their normal thing.
I was thinking today that it would be interesting to do a similar style documentary at the local candidate's office during election time.
Following the volunteers around filming them as they hand out flyers, and seeing the amount of abuse they must cop from the general public, how they rationalise these reactions and what they're doing. Getting to see what goes on behind the scenes, the amount of mistakes the must happen where it seems like the whole campaign is about to fall in a heap for it to be saved.

It may sound boring on the page, but it could be interesting to see. Maybe not so much the candidate but the volunteers of the campaign, although not as crazy as the members of the westborough baptist church that Louis Theroux might follow around, they would be just as set in their beliefs, so it would be interesting to see them giving up entire days, staying up till 1am and then getting up at 5am to get the best spots for the posters and to rip down those of the opposition (I've read that this is seriously what they do during the campaign), to see them spouting that 'its all for the good of the party' or to have them spouting out the party lines verbatim, only for the film maker to question them on that and see their faces as they look stumped.

Anyway, its got the elements there, people with a different perspective on life, doing things that others may feel eccentric, and as its building up to the election you have the tension there and then theres the actual election night, so it can have a conclusion, the party you filmed could loose or win.

I was thinking about this today actually, and when I read your post I was going to post it and it just worked out that you're in Australia!
I also thought it would be cool to make one about a candidate running for the election as a joke/protest vote thing like Jello Biafra running for mayor, and following them around as they campaign and poke fun at everyone else.