Page 1 of 2
Sucks to be you dude, I'm all good this morning
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
They're ****ing horrific. It's like being in a sauna with a splitting headache, and wanting to puke the entire time.

Discuss.

[This thread is a spinoff from this one]
I've never experienced another form of hangover
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
I thought all hangovers were the same

Oh no, not at all, wine is the worst, closely followed by cider in my opinion, then beer, then spirits, then lighter spirits (schnapps and such) and then alchopops (smirnoff ice and so on).

If you're going to drink wine never drink it to proper excess, you will end up feeling like you're going to die by your brain turning to liquid and flowing out of your nostrils.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I've only had two really bad hangovers in my life... and one of them wasn't all that bad because I was still piss drunk when I woke up. But the other one, oh oh oh... "Am I dead? No wait, death can't feel that shit *bluargh*". Yeah, we've all been there.

At least I get my hangovers from proper drinks like Jägermeister.
Wine hangovers SUUUUUUUUCK! Them and Saki hangovers are the worst.

Followed by Budweiser hangovers and Molson XXX hangovers.
Quote by TheQuailman
At least I get my hangovers from proper drinks like Jägermeister.

You try dealing with a proper wine hangover and then say that again

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You try dealing with a proper wine hangover and then say that again

I did some "research" on the topic while I was in Italy. Turns out the vodka hit me worse.
Quote by TheQuailman
I did some "research" on the topic while I was in Italy. Turns out the vodka hit me worse.

Vodka is truly evil stuff, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy... you have my sympathies

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69

Oh, no no no no no.
Red wine gives a severe hangover, bad head, aching limbs and joints, mouth like the bottom of a birdcage, nautious feeling, the full works.

White wine is similar but not as severe

Newcastle Brown Ale is known for it's own particular hangover headache, a sharp pain right between the eyes

Brandy tends to just leave one feeling tired with a slight headache. Unless you really go to town on it, in which case it feels like a red wine hangover.
This Beer one I've got at the moment isn't too good - luckily for me, I don't really like wine, so unless I'm already drunk, I don't drink it... Life is good!

that made no sense!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Red wine, yes, but I usually do allright out of white wine. Weirdly, I've found that lighter-coloured drinks always leave me feeling better in the morning. Is there some chemical component that creates darker alcohol but also increases hangover severity?
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Red wine, yes, but I usually do allright out of white wine. Weirdly, I've found that lighter-coloured drinks always leave me feeling better in the morning. Is there some chemical component that creates darker alcohol but also increases hangover severity?

I don't think so, as far as I can recall that's more or less an urban myth, otherwise guiness would have the worlds worst hangovers...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Can't say I've been wine drunk.... ever.

But I WAS at the beach and we had a keg, and me and my buddy split a bottle of white wine I think it was, and we bonged each half... I felt fine the next morning after 6 or 7 beer bongs, 12 - 14 cups of beer, and the wine bong (roughest bong of my life).

EDIT - God that had almost nothing to do with a wine hangover......

CookingWinEDIT - could have been cooking wine... we will never know.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't think so, as far as I can recall that's more or less an urban myth, otherwise guiness would have the worlds worst hangovers...

I don't drink that stuff, but I've found I always get worse hangovers from things like red wine or brandy than I do from cider or vodka, for example. Maybe I'm just weird.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I don't drink that stuff, but I've found I always get worse hangovers from things like red wine or brandy than I do from cider or vodka, for example. Maybe I'm just weird.

I don't drink guiness either but I know people who do and they certainly seem to be alright when they're done

Extending the logic a bit, if the colour thing was true then lager hangovers would be worse than white wine hangovers... so totally not true. Two worst I've had were a white wine one when I drank two bottles to myself and a cider one where I had at least 7 or 8 pints in a night, probably more...

I'm not much of a drinker really.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
The last time I drank wine was after I got home from drinking numerous pints of cider at the pub...

Really, really bad times.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't drink guiness either but I know people who do and they certainly seem to be alright when they're done

Extending the logic a bit, if the colour thing was true then lager hangovers would be worse than white wine hangovers... so totally not true. Two worst I've had were a white wine one when I drank two bottles to myself and a cider one where I had at least 7 or 8 pints in a night, probably more...

I'm not much of a drinker really.

I think further research into this area is needed. Thankfully my crazy friend is coming down to visit tonight and he's always happy to assist.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I think further research into this area is needed. Thankfully my crazy friend is coming down to visit tonight and he's always happy to assist.

I would try to aid in this research but I did enough of that last night to last me a while

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I would try to aid in this research but I did enough of that last night to last me a while

You're standing in the way of science!
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

You're standing in the way of science!

I've got some mass-research arranged for next weekend, don't worry, the science will get done

Besides, I couldn't this evening if I wanted to, there's nothing that I would drink in the house

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
I've never had a major wine-hangover. I drank two bottles of wine once when I went to see Enter Shikari last year....By the time I feel asleep later I had sweated most of it out of my system.
It was a VERY sweaty gig.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Oh no, not at all, wine is the worst, closely followed by cider in my opinion, then beer, then spirits, then lighter spirits (schnapps and such) and then alchopops (smirnoff ice and so on).

I don't get hangovers from beer. I thought no one did.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Quote by Dealer16

I have once... might have been my body reacting to my forcing myself to drink stuff I really don't like though

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Dealer16

Yeah right.

Red wine hangover is the most ugly shit ever. Couple of pints of water before you sleep? Everyone says that, but tbh, if I'm drinking, I don't give a **** about water.
Quote by Dealer16

There's lots of drinks that are described as 'hangover-free.' I've tried most of them and found it's usually just a matter of drinking enough of the damn stuff.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Sucks to be you dude, I'm all good this morning

I think I may have had a few bottles too many. >.<
Not to mention all the drunken antics i got up to on facebook too. :|

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

If you're going to drink wine never drink it to proper excess, you will end up feeling like you're going to die by your brain turning to liquid and flowing out of your nostrils.

This is fact.

and..

Quote by VillainousLatin
Well, apparently wine hangovers ARe bad I will have to try one,one of this days lol

This is a bad idea.
wine hangovers are a bitch. if you drink a lot of white wine for a couple days it'll about make you insane. i think because theres so much sugar in white wine it ****s with your head
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69

I used to think that too.

Sometimes after drinking I'll feel a bit sluggish the next morning, but the only real hangover I've ever had was from wine. Last year was my girlfriend's grandfather's 70th birthday, and her whole family came here for a weekend long party. One of the nights was at a fancy French restaurant, and I drank an incredible amount of wine. I'm not a lightweight, and I'd drunk much more than that before and felt fine the next morning, so I figured I would be fine. I have never been more wrong in my life: the next morning I thought I was going to die. I didn't throw up, but I felt really sick, and had one of the worst headaches I've ever had in my life. It was not pleasant.

TL;DR: Wine will fuck shit up.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
I used to think that too.

Sometimes after drinking I'll feel a bit sluggish the next morning, but the only real hangover I've ever had was from wine. Last year was my girlfriend's grandfather's 70th birthday, and her whole family came here for a weekend long party. One of the nights was at a fancy French restaurant, and I drank an incredible amount of wine. I'm not a lightweight, and I'd drunk much more than that before and felt fine the next morning, so I figured I would be fine. I have never been more wrong in my life: the next morning I thought I was going to die. I didn't throw up, but I felt really sick, and had one of the worst headaches I've ever had in my life. It was not pleasant.

TL;DR: Wine will fuck shit up.

That made me laugh so much. Wine does indeed fuck shit up.
A couple of weeks ago we had a little gathering, and i decided i was bored with beer, so i got a bottle of red, drank the whole thing, then we went down to the shop and i wasn't sure whether to go for beer or another bottle of wine, but i went for the wine instead, that second bottle fucked me up, the strange thing was, i could form words and sentences, but got all the words mixed up.

The next morning, i felt like i had been kicked in the head by a horse.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by drunkass
wine hangovers are a bitch. if you drink a lot of white wine for a couple days it'll about make you insane. i think because theres so much sugar in white wine it ****s with your head

This is just wrong. White doesn't have more sugar than red (ever drink a port?), and the amount of residual sugar in any bottle is determined by the vintner.

But if you get zonkered on any wine for a couple of days you'll feel like shit

The only people I know who buy wine to get drunk are my roommate and his buddies to play slap the bag, and they buy Franzia, which can barely be considered a wine.

A bottle with dinner, maybe one for dessert. A nice buzz, adequate time for proper hydration, sobered up before bed
Sure, wine hangover from a shitty wine sucks, try with a decent wine.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Wine only gives me splitting headache usually. I'm an ale drinker and although the mild hangovers are tolerable the bad ones make me feel like my insides are rotting. I usually lie down for 2 hours trying not to spew and then as I walk to get a drink thinking i'm ready to walk I end up puking bile up in the toilet.
Page 1 of 2