Hey guys! Just a question to see how you guys deal with this...

If you had a 2 channel amp (Clean and distorted channel, ofcourse)

And you're playing a solo, how do you make it sound different from the rhytm parts you've played ? (Solo and chords played through the 2nd channel)

I'm not planning on buying a multi FX, so that's deffinitly not an option.
Also, wouldnt you want your solo to be louder then the rest of the song? So that would be a problem aswell or?

Hope u understand what i mean
I don't really play cliché solos, but alot of the time, I leave the volume knob on my guitar about 3 quaters of the way up for the whole song, then if there's a part that I want to be abit louder or to stand out more, I turn it all the way up.

Other people use boost pedals for solos, or other effects.

Change to a different pickup.

Obviously playing lead parts is going to sound different from playing rhythm parts anyway, s'all in the fingers.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Boost pedal. Or volume knob as said above. Or switch from neck to bridge pickup.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
ye, now that u mention pick-ups, i suddenly feel like a newb hahah :p
That i didnt think of that !
Volume knob or pedal seems nice aswell actually

Thanks!
Yeah, if you change pickups you want to look at output, and maybe actives. What guitar do you have now and what style music do you play?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
That's not what we mean't, we mean using the switch on your guitar to go from the neck pickup to the bridge pickup, or vica-verca.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
i run an EQ through my FX loop and kick it on with a mid boost for solos
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey