It's official pit, I've finally joined a band and I'm just so proud and wanted to share it with you guys!

So for the past month or so I've been jamming with my friend Cody who is a decent singer, and occasionally Sam, a decent guitarist (who will be our bass player)

The other day I looked at an add on craigslist for the remaining members of 'outcast angels' (drums, lead guitar) and its just seemed to click so perfect for me and the guys

One problem I ran into however is that they are in round two of a competition, which is good and bad for a few reasons. Good because I've never performed in front of an audience larger than 2-3 people and I love performing in front of people, and the grand prize is also $5,000.

Here's the catch though. All three of us have to learn a song that the preceding band entered the competition with, which is "Gallows" by Atreyu. Sam and I like the song, but Cody completely despises it. He's the lead singer so it may run into problems.

Note: Cody is the best screamer I've ever heard. No lie. Yet he hates anything with screaming in it. -_-

So pit, do you have any advice for me? Any helpful comments will be taken serious and will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Last edited by 1201ZJ at Jul 25, 2010,
Cool blog, bro.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah, once this is over then you guys can set about writing stuff you all feel comfortable with. Besides, it's only one song.
do stuff you all want to do as a band. no point compromising if somebody doesn't want to be there
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by piop
Yeah, once this is over then you guys can set about writing stuff you all feel comfortable with. Besides, it's only one song.

We tried to explain that to him but he still throws a bitch fit
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
do stuff you all want to do as a band. no point compromising if somebody doesn't want to be there

Well here's another thing. If we don't do the song, the drummer and lead guitarist will find someone else to do the show, which puts our chances in jeopardy big time. We have to do this exact song because that is what the band entered the contest with.
Quote by 1201ZJ
We tried to explain that to him but he still throws a bitch fit

Well here's another thing. If we don't do the song, the drummer and lead guitarist will find someone else to do the show, which puts our chances in jeopardy big time. We have to do this exact song because that is what the band entered the contest with.

Ok, so? Go find members that will compromise. Not a couple of assholes who are forcing you to do a song someone doesn't agree on.

It seems like you have no idea how a band should work
Quote by Guitarlord44

It seems like you have no idea how a band should work

it is his first time joining a band.
It's five ****ing grand! Hell I'd sing the whole jonas brothers back catalogue for that much. Just tell him to man up and sing it.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Cool story, bro.

Screaming? Lol.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Jyrgen
Tell Cody to have a look at this thread

Hi Cody

I agree. Maybe this will change his mind.

Cody, if you are reading this, quit acting like a 12 year old and suck it up. Its only one song and you shouldn't jeopardize your relationship with the band over one stupid song. After its all over and you have monies, you can start working on songs that YOU ALL LIKE.

Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I'd scream a song I hate if it gave me a chance at 5 grand. Try to drill that point into his head
After the comp I'm sure you guys could work on songs you all like.
Just consider learning the song a "entry fee" or necessary evil in joining the band. It's just one song
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
yeah just make sure he knows whats on the line, its basically a one time thing and if he pulls through its definitely worth it... if not then i guess you'll have to compromise:/

p.s. I've got an EC-1000 too what colour is yours?
I agree that it's only one song. Man up and sing it.

Seriously, five grand?
Last edited by yamitenshi at Jul 25, 2010,
I've never fully trusted that cody...

You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Its conobi or somewhat isnt it?

But yeah. MAke he think of what gear he can get with his share of 5000

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Playing this song will give you some experience playing infront of a crowd. He needs to compromise as well otherwise you lot will never work well as a band.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by guitard00d13
p.s. I've got an EC-1000 too what colour is yours?

Blue. I want to sell it. I hate it.

But yeah he finally manned up. lol thanks guys