Hey all. I have a Jackson DX7 I bought at guitar center for $250 a few months ago. Obviously I was not expecting the pups to sound good, which they don't, lol. My question is, would you put good pups in this for $160 bucks, or would you buy a new 7 such as an Agile that already has good pickups? I play Death Metal, Deathcore, pretty much all harder metal.
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
New guitar. The woods, bridge, tuners, nut, wiring etc. isn't going to be all that good either, and you have to replace that too.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
New guitar. The woods, bridge, tuners, nut, wiring etc. isn't going to be all that good either, and you have to replace that too.

I've kinda felt the same way. Plus I love the maple necks on the Agiles
I just needed to ask on here so I could 'reassure' myself I need a new axe
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
replace the pickups its cheaper and you can always take the pickups out of that guitar and put in another one, there is a local band here that put emg 85 / 81 in a walmart guitar and he still shreds
Quote by xanubisx
replace the pickups its cheaper and you can always take the pickups out of that guitar and put in another one, there is a local band here that put emg 85 / 81 in a walmart guitar and he still shreds

Thats because he's so poor he has nothing else to do but play guitar...

Haha, poor people.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jul 25, 2010,
he has a mesa triple rec he is not poor he just does it for shits and giggles
You probably should have considered the Agile BEFORE you bought the Jackson...
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Quote by ratracekid111
You probably should have considered the Agile BEFORE you bought the Jackson...

I didn't know about Agile then
Plus the jackson was a great starting guitar, but now my band uses only 7's, so i need a legit one.
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2