Im looking for a fuzz pedal. Im a big prog rock guy but the tone i would be going for is similar to a silversun pickup tone with a bunch of fuzz but i dont think i want exactly the pedals they have because i want my own sound. I want a fuzz that works more for chords than soloing as most of my solos will be made up of chords rather than single notes. So i want a fuzz pedal that is more fuzz than distortion/gain sounding. Ive looked at that Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory and the Electro Harmonix Big Muff and the london fuzz. What are your opinions of these and are there any other ones you would recommend.
Silversun Pickups are the dug's baws. Lovely band.

The only one of those I've had experience with is the Big Muff and I love it. Great for big wall of noise type sounds but notes are distinguished too. I would recommend it.

I also know Brian uses a Dunlop Red Llama, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get one. Also look into Devi Ever.
Fuzz factory is abit more machine like if you ask me, I don't really like it at all, you might though, think Muse.

A Big Muff Pi would be perfect for Silversun Pickups type stuff.

But if you want your own sound, there are literally hundreds of fuzz pedals to choose from.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Fuzz Factory - Muse-tastic but not best with chords.
Big Muff - Good with leads and chords, especially power chords.

Perhaps you should consider a more basic fuzz face type pedal. Otherwise, I would recommend the muff. In fact, I'm considering selling my muff if you live in England?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Have yo heard the Germanium 4 Big Muff? Sounds phenomenal in the clips IMO
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Musket fuzz can be used to emulate a ton of different fuzz pedals. I can get both muff and fuzz face sounds out of it, check it out.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

ok thanks to all the replies. the big thing im looking for is more bass and less drive/gain. i dont want my fuzz pedal to be basically a modified distortion pedal. i did like the big muff a lot when i went to guitar center the problem was that was the only fuzz pedal they had out that you could play on so i couldnt see if there were other ones i liked better.
Quote by WtrPlyr
^The London Fuzz is a Fuzz Face.

I recommend a Big Muff of some sort. Particularly Stomp Under Foot.

^listen to the man, he knows when something's good.

if you want a more fuzzy distortion that works awesomely for liquid leads, massive chords, and just awesome tone in general i'd go for a SUF pedal.
check out Monsterpiece fuzz pedals
Gear-
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 VB
Epiphone Negative G-400 SG
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
CEC Amplification Suckerpunch 15
Catalinbread DLS v2
Humphrey Audio Slo/Diezel mod MT-2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic