Hi!

Im really into the Bugera 1990 amp and have a few questions!

1. Is it good for stuff like Deep Purple, Rush, Led Zeppelin etc..?

2. Does it take OD/distorion pedals well?

Thanks!
It would probably be better for more modern stuff, you might want to look into something that is more like the JCM 800 than a JCM 900.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
It would probably be better for more modern stuff, you might want to look into something that is more like the JCM 800 than a JCM 900.

I know, but I'm looking for something with two clannels (clean & OD), and not a single channel amp. Any suggestions?
1. It's good for like Nickelback and White Snake

2. Yeah, it's clean channel is pretty balanced and sounds okay with a tube screamer,

I had one and found it to be really impractical because to get any good sounds at all it has to be CRANKED, to the point where ears start to bleed. BUT! If you're gonna be gigging at big venues then by all means this is the right amount of power. However, for the genres you wanna play you might want to take a look at the Bugera 1960. I was in love with my 1990 for about 10 days, then I was like....I hate this thing because its NOT versatile at all. Just my opinion.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
There are two channel JCM 800's you know, the 2205 and 2210.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I know, but its realy expencive! Im looking for some kind of cheaper "remake"...
Quote by acdclandon
There are two channel JCM 800's you know, the 2205 and 2210.

They're pretty bad unless you have them modded, though. The clean channel is totally useless because the dirty channel bleeds into it.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by acdclandon

The Bugera 1990 is a clone of the JCM900, so , it should be just fine for what you want
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
The Bugera 1990 is a clone of the JCM900, so , it should be just fine for what you want

No.

The JCM900 is basically the amp of the hair-bands, if you wanna sound like an aggressive rock band of the 80's then the 1990 is what you want...but since you're looking more for classic rock tones check out the 1960 which is an OK plexi tone....or I would highly recommend Jet City Amps...really good stuff is being made at JCA!

I cannot stress enough how much a waste of $400 dollars the 1990 is for what you want.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by BrokenDstring
No.

The JCM900 is basically the amp of the hair-bands, if you wanna sound like an aggressive rock band of the 80's then the 1990 is what you want...but since you're looking more for classic rock tones check out the 1960 which is an OK plexi tone....or I would highly recommend Jet City Amps...really good stuff is being made at JCA!

I cannot stress enough how much a waste of $400 dollars the 1990 is for what you want.

900 is shit 90s grunge/alternative tone, bro. You're thinking of the 800 2203 and JMP-1 preamp.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
900 is shit 90s grunge/alternative tone, bro. You're thinking of the 800 2203 and JMP-1 preamp.

This. And the 1990 is a poor copy of the 900. And the 1960 is the most impractical thing ever for the target audience along with being a poor copy. Don't even get me started on how much I hate everything about that amp.

TS, you can find a 2205 combo fairly cheap. They're not great but the OD channel is better for what you want. The cleans are pretty crappy due to the aforementioned bleeding but passable. I've got friends who have modded 2205s and 2210s that sound absolutely sick on both channels though. A competent tech could probably do similar.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
This. And the 1990 is a poor copy of the 900. And the 1960 is the most impractical thing ever for the target audience along with being a poor copy. Don't even get me started on how much I hate everything about that amp.

TS, you can find a 2205 combo fairly cheap. They're not great but the OD channel is better for what you want. The cleans are pretty crappy due to the aforementioned bleeding but passable. I've got friends who have modded 2205s and 2210s that sound absolutely sick on both channels though. A competent tech could probably do similar.

My apologies for not knowing exactly what it tries to immitate, but I did own one...so I know what it sounds like. It sounds tear-uh-bull. I only suggested the 1960 because he hinted at that being his price range...Bugera is getting there, but still has a long way to go.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
I'm gonna get one soon, but I play Coldplay, White Stripes, 30 Seconds to Mars, Rise Against and some blues. On the Bugera thread they'll let you know, out here you mostly get Marshall fanboys and the reviews on here are sh1t because all the kids bought them for modern metal.
Quote by lukegjpotter
I'm gonna get one soon, but I play Coldplay, White Stripes, 30 Seconds to Mars, Rise Against and some blues. On the Bugera thread they'll let you know, out here you mostly get Marshall fanboys and the reviews on here are sh1t because all the kids bought them for modern metal.

You think we're all Marshall fanboys? I've seen a lot of Marshall hate on this forum in the past years.
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I'm about the farthest you can get from a Marshall fan boy. The Marshall clones from Bugera are crap. They sound nothing like the real things.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
There is another Bugera which looks like "PLEKSİ". If it was not 1990 you should try it..
^ The 1960? I thought it was awful when I tried one.

Ah.. im more interested in V55HD , 6260, 6262, 333xl, 33xl-212

Never checked these models much..

How abouth cheap V55hd?
the 1990 isn't that bad of a 900 clone. it defintely does not sound exactly like the 900 like some may want, but it's not a bad amp either. it has it's own sound, like any good amp. and the reverb on it is absolutely disgusting. I happen to like the 1990, and I think it will do just fine for the styles you are playing.

the 6260/62 isn't bad either. It's a 5150/II clone, but once again isn't an exact clone, also has its own tone.
Last edited by handbanana at Jul 26, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
the 1990 isn't that bad of a 900 clone. it defintely does not sound exactly like the 900 like some may want, but it's not a bad amp either. it has it's own sound, like any good amp. and the reverb on it is absolutely disgusting. I happen to like the 1990, and I think it will do just fine for the styles you are playing.

the 6260/62 isn't bad either. It's a 5150/II clone, but once again isn't an exact clone, also has its own tone.

+1 to you sir