82 39%
I never do this
16 8%
purple spunky hippo.
33 16%
Voters: 209.
Page 1 of 3
Okay, now be perfectly, 100% honest:

Do you give attractive people more attention by default?

Even if you share no interests, you really don't care about what they have to say, but still listen to whatever they say, want to always be around them and all that stuff.

Of course it's shallow, and people have their different reasons (reason number 1 being you want inside their pants), but I'd like to see how many people actually do this.

Remember, this is based on physical attraction only.
No. Usually I pay more attention to interesting people, but that's not to say I don't notice attractive people. However, if I'm seeing a girl who's very attractive but seems like a snob, it cuts my interest in her severely, and I don't pay her much mind after that.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
It's complicated. I wouldn't give attention to someone just because they are attractive. I mean, I need to get something back. But it's really the same with everyone. If they're not interesting, why would I want to be around them?

That said, if there are two equally uninteresting people and one is physically attractive, I'd take the attractive one.
I don't think I've ever done this
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I don't really focus too much on people's outter beauty. To me, i'd rather associate with people based on their personalities. NOW, if they're attractive AND have a great personality- then hahah... i may tend to linger around them.
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
Yes, I get more attention.

OT: Yes, I do. Not gonna hide it.

EDIT:
Like other people said though, if they're a snob, then no. They have to be nice.

And I know I'm shallow. It's a flaw.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Last edited by user_nameless at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by strat0blaster
No. Usually I pay more attention to interesting people, but that's not to say I don't notice attractive people. However, if I'm seeing a girl who's very attractive but seems like a snob, it cuts my interest in her severely, and I don't pay her much mind after that.

This.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
This.

I've always wondered, how do you get away with your avatar?
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
I only really listen to people I actually want to talk to. But then again I only want to talk to them for reason 1, unless they're a guy.
Last edited by the_hoodster at Jul 25, 2010,
Luckily, all the nice girls I know are smart so I don´t need reason number one (though, wouldn't mind it) but sometimes I meet this sick blond Scandinavian/Russian girls and 99/100 I dislike them from the first second because they are usually not very smart.

Honestly.

And I do not notice whether a boy is handsome or not, probably because I am too self-centered.

Ha-ha.
Quote by user_nameless
I've always wondered, how do you get away with your avatar?

He lets the mods do regular cavity searches
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
There arent many situations today where you are forced to interact with someone for an amount of time whereupon their personality outshines their attractiveness/immediate impression. At parties or in alot of social situations, a shallow approach is preferable because you just dont have the time to get to know someone enough. As much as I hate it, I tend to go:
Ugly. Moving on.
Good looking. Boring during first ten seconds of interaction. Moving on.
Good looking. Engaging. Talking to you now.

I think there is a "spark" that needs to happen to make people connect, or it just wont happen. However, in other situations, like at work or uni or any place you are "forced" to interact with people, looks are almost completely ignored. It balances out.
...In my opinion.
I sometimes work the tills at work. If there is someone attractive in the queue, I always hope I get to serve them

Of course I know I am doing this, and I don't care. For relationships etc., personality is of way more importance, but there's nothing wrong with flirting with pretty girls to make work that bit more bearable
Most of the time, their attractiveness gets me interested, but upon realizing they're thick as concrete, they lose my attention.
Nah I don't do this unless I know the person and they have a nice personality as well. I wouldn't pay more attention to a more attractive person unless they got my attention by starting up conversation or what not.
Yep, I do. I don't see any problem with that either.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Kind of, i'll certainly notice when an attractive person walks in a room, and seem to get less annoyed if they're rude to me, but I don't think i'd hang on someones every word because they were attractive, it's never happened before anyway, I usually find pretty girls to be quite annoying and will generally go for the more interesting person.
It's the only reason I ever post in your threads Ryan.
You sexy boring bitch you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Yes, but there's only so much I can tolerate people being boring. Even the world's hottest person can only hold my attention so long if they're talking about dirt.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Honestly, if a person is attractive but uninteresting, I'll just pretend I'm paying attention to her.

Actually this.
Last edited by cornmancer at Jul 25, 2010,
Anyone who says no is a hilarious liar.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I absolutely give them more attention, if the girl's not a bitch to me.

edit: I don't really feel any remorse for being shallow. Or remorse for much at all. It's just the way I am.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jul 25, 2010,
PURPLE SPUNKY HIPPO!!!!!!111!!11elleven!!11

Yes, I voted the joke option.

On a more serious note, I don't base my attention span solely on attractiveness, but it's a plus I guess.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I don't consider myself very attractive, but when I speak, people turn their heads to look.

Maybe it's my charismatic and deep voice....

OT: Not really.
Quote by Nelsean
The world needs more buttmonkeys.

Quote by Eddie4President
The Buttmonkey for best username, most intelligent posts of 21st century.
Quote by StewieSwan
Good. The world needs more of you.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Anyone who says no is a hilarious liar.

Or blind.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Probably. But as I'm a horrible, horrible person, attractive poeple don't talk to me. So I don't really know.
3 years of my life thrown down the toilet in a pathetic attempt to get a girl I was in love with to like me. She was into me enough to hang out and be close friends.. But she was pretty and I weigh twice as much as her. I'm not rich so that could never have worked.

I realized after we stopped talking (cos I decided to openly make fun of her boyfriend) that I pretty much threw away my friends because I spent all my possible time with her. Shit sux, bro.
I do so for the first few days. But if their personality is unattractive, I don't feel the need to be with them anymore, unless I'm very horny.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Well first off I voted purple spunky hippo out of some questionable sense of obligation. But I'd say I do this for the most part. Mainly though just the whole 'wanting to be around them' bit. As far as wanting to always talk to them and hear what they say and that kind of thing, not so much. The reason I like being around attractive girls is because it's interesting because I automatically try to make them attracted to me. And that includes mostly ignoring them, not talking to them, saying only very good things when I do talk to them, and basicly coming across as confident and secure.

All of that I would never do with an unattractive girl. I actually would talk more and be more friendly to an unattractive girl lol. So I'm on the fence here.
We're only strays.
Quote by padgea7x
I don't think I've ever done this

Quote by M0lliP0Ps
I don't really focus too much on people's outter beauty.

You think you don't, but when you get right down to it, the reason you're on this earth is to reproduce. And your instinct is to bear the fruit of the most suitable mate. which is based on strength, and looks.

SUMMARY:
You're bullshiting if you say you don't notice or pay attention to looks.
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Jul 25, 2010,
I'm gonna have to go with the hippo on this one.

Attractive people may initially grab my attention, but they won't retain it if they're boring. Besides, I'm just not very good at pretending to be interested when I'm clearly not. I fail @ small talk.

I'm not gonna say I don't pay attention to looks, because that's just not true. I'm just not very good at maintaining a conversation, especially if it's with someone I don't really get along with (because they're boring and stupid, or maybe because they think I'm boring and stupid)

SUMMARY: The repulsive force of disinterest may, and often is, greater than the force of attraction.
Last edited by sashki at Jul 25, 2010,
Yeah, that's the way shit works I'm afraid.

However, attraction is a fickle business, and tbh there are a lot of chicks that i would consider if it wasn't for what my friends would think of me.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I did when I was younger, now, not so much. But I'm more inclined to initiate contact with someone if they look _interesting_.
I hang around with people i like, regardless of looks.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by genghisgandhi
You think you don't, but when you get right down to it, the reason you're on this earth is to reproduce. And your instinct is to bear the fruit of the most suitable mate. which is based on strength, and looks.

SUMMARY:
You're bullshiting if you say you don't notice or pay attention to looks.

Exactly this.

Fucking censor.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Last edited by Jackal58 at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by Jackal58
Or blind.

win

Serious note, Unknowingly, I give attractive people less attention because I'm too damn shy to make eye contact. Then I kick myself later for not doing so.

All of the time, unless I'm drunk and then I'll go too far and give too much attention.

Quote by sashki
Attractive people may initially grab my attention, but they won't retain it if they're boring. Besides, I'm just not very good at pretending to be interested when I'm clearly not. I fail @ small talk.

I'm not gonna say I don't pay attention to looks, because that's just not true. I'm just not very good at maintaining a conversation, especially if it's with someone I don't really get along with (because they're boring and stupid, or maybe because they think I'm boring and stupid).
+1 EXACTLY this.
Page 1 of 3