So I bought a (new) AC4TV about 6-7 weeks ago and it's been great so far. I also have a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet pedal and a Boss RC-2 loop station..

I've never had problems with any of the above but last night I was jamming with a few friends in my basement when I tried using a (moderately crappy) 6 inch patch cable to connect the pedals and a Boss PSA adaptor which I put in the Fulltone which came first.

The amp would just suddenly cut out then like 5-6 seconds later it would start playing again, I figured it was something wrong with the 6 inch patch cable so I started only using the Fulltone pedal and my 2 guitar cables to connect it to my amp/guitar, same problem. Now this morning I tried it without any pedals at all and using each of the guitar cables to make sure it wasn't an issue with the cables themselves.

The amp was still cutting out, and this seemed to only happen when the volume was turned up a lot. Like at 1/4 volume on 1 watt mode it was fine-ish but when I turned it up all the way it would start cutting out ocassionally and then come back on a few seconds later. It's a tube amp btw.

I'm not a technical guy at all and I have no idea what to do/what the problem could be.

Can anybody help me out??

Thanks...
You may just have bad cables. I suggest seeing if you can try someone else's cables that work fine on their amp and then see if it is still cutting out. If it still cuts out when the cables work fine on the other amp, I would say that there could be something wrong with your amp. Other than that, I don't know what could be wrong. Since you've only had it for a few weeks you can probably take advantage of the warranty.
Quote by patbuck2
You may just have bad cables. I suggest seeing if you can try someone else's cables that work fine on their amp and then see if it is still cutting out. If it still cuts out when the cables work fine on the other amp, I would say that there could be something wrong with your amp. Other than that, I don't know what could be wrong. Since you've only had it for a few weeks you can probably take advantage of the warranty.

That's what I'm hoping (the cables) but each of them has worked prior to yesterday/today just fine and now when playing through either one independently through the amp it cuts out, so it seems unlikely that they'd both give out the same day etc..

What could be wrong with the amp though? Is this a tube problem possibly or something?
I just tried a different guitar through the amp/cables and the same problem occurs.

I'm going to try buying some new cables in the morning and see if it works..
Quote by -TM-
I just tried a different guitar through the amp/cables and the same problem occurs.

I'm going to try buying some new cables in the morning and see if it works..

If that doesn't work then there must be something wrong with the amp. I would suggest trying to take advantage of the warranty or seeing if you can exchange it.
Quote by patbuck2
If that doesn't work then there must be something wrong with the amp. I would suggest trying to take advantage of the warranty or seeing if you can exchange it.

I tried it again today with a new guitar cable ( to be honest both of my other ones are extremely old/bad).

And the amp played for a couple minutes then it cut out, came back in, and cut out again and now I can't get ANY sound out of it.

I left it for a few hours and tried it again and there's no sound coming out.

I'm taking it into the shop tomorrow but do you have any idea what could cause this?
I've never heard of anyone having problems like this with the Vox AC4TV...

Could a tube be blown out? Did it come with a faulty tube?
I'd warranty it man. The way that board is soldered...
How hot is it where you live?

The best case scenario is that a preamp or power tube busted the worst case is that it's a board problem.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
I'd warranty it man. The way that board is soldered...
How hot is it where you live?

The best case scenario is that a preamp or power tube busted the worst case is that it's a board problem.

It's pretty cold where I live. The amp has never been subjected to more than 20 degrees (celsius).

What will the warranty do? Do they just fix it for me and give it back? Should I just get the money back and get a different amp altogether?

I LOVED the tones/sound of the AC4TV and it was perfect for a college dorm next year...

I just can't figure out what I did.
it's not your fault. I can't imagine it being your fault. If you saw what the inside of the thing looked like you'd know that while it's reliable maybe 99 percent of the time there are things that could go wrong with it. If you can still return it do so. If not, contact vox for warranty repair. With a warranty they fix it for free.

oh wait. Change your tubes first.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer