I've just sold my BOSS ME-50, so I'm going to need a whole new pedal board.

I am looking for an overdrive and delay pedal first of all.

Was looking at the big muff but it sounded to bassy for me, but the Double Muff sounds great. MXR Distortion III sounded good too.

Delay pedal wise, I was looking at a used BOSS DD-3.

I've already got a Dunlop Crybaby that I must mod now that I'm going to use it.

I'm going to get a Visual Sounds 1 spot power supply for them and build my own board.

The pedals must be under £100 gbp each.

Any ideas? At the moment it looks like it's gonna be:

Crybaby > Double Muff > DD-3
Uhh, what was the question? Why are we suggesting pedals if you already have them?

Big muff sounds horrible unless you're looking for fuzz bass by the way.
The only pedal I've got at the moment is the Dunlop Crybaby - the others are what I have in mind. I'm looking for alternatives under £100 gbp.
using the OD as a boost, or as just a general dirty sound? amp?
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
I'm not really sure, I'm going to dolphin music tomorrow to try some out.

I'm guessing you would get a booster if you like the drive on your amp, and an OD if you don't to replace it?
that MXR micro amp actually acts as a bit of an OD doesn't it? like it changes the sound you get - doesn't just boost it.

i'm not looking for a mad distortion pedal to play metal, just something to give my sound more balls. would a booster be the way forward?
for the OD look at the vox ice9 £99, it`s got loads of tone, from a light bluesy boost the full on metal
Just won a Boss DD-3 on eBay for £51, wahey!

Back to the OD situation, I quite liked the sound of the MXR Distortion III, as well as the sound of the MXR Micro Amp when it had a bit of gain cranked. That rich crunchy sound, you know.
Check this out.

You may not have enough money for this pedal, but gurd is it a great boost/drive. Very good pedal, and worth every penny if you find one on CL.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Maybe try something other than the 1 Spot daisy chain? I read a lot about it being noisy and temperamental, and I ended up settling on a Diago Powerstation, which was really cheap and works brilliantly for me.

EDIT: Danny, I'm gonna have a wild guess, and say He's referring to the OCD.
Last edited by telemetal at Jul 25, 2010,
Sorry, dunno why it didn't take you straight to the OCD. But yeah, tele is right, the OCD is the one and it's a great pedal.

EDIT: I also recommend you check out the D-III, from what I've heard it beats out all of the BOSS distortions.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Jul 25, 2010,
The MXR Micro Amp is pretty expensive considering how simple it is.

To be fair, I'm happy with my amps drive channel. The problem is the sound I like is about 11 o clock on the drive, and I also like it when it's cranked to about 3 oclock. Obviously I can't move the switch to 3 oclock while I'm playing when I'm wanting a heavier sound, so would a booster do this for me when I press the foot pedal?
Quote by dannyyy
The MXR Micro Amp is pretty expensive considering how simple it is.

To be fair, I'm happy with my amps drive channel. The problem is the sound I like is about 11 o clock on the drive, and I also like it when it's cranked to about 3 oclock. Obviously I can't move the switch to 3 oclock while I'm playing when I'm wanting a heavier sound, so would a booster do this for me when I press the foot pedal?

Well yeah, you can keep your amps drive on 3 then get something like the OCD for some super tight boosts to get you exactly where you want on the drive.
so just crank the OCD (if thats what i end up getting) when it gets to the heavier part/solo.

I had a boss me50 and the distortion on that was horrible, really digital sounding. I want something to compliment my laney vc15 tone, its like a warm vox ac30 like tone.
Pretty much. Thats exactly what the OCD is meant to do, produce a very warm tube-like drive and boost for those that need it.

They run for about 135 bucks on eBay brand new, round 90-100 used.
The OCD sounds great! The only problem is I'm in UK and my local shops don't stock it. I can get it off the internet, but I'd like to try it really.