I found these schematics, i think its an OCD, but im not sure.

I found these from
http://revolutiondeux.blogspot.com/2008/07/fullclone-vlod-fulltone-ocd-by.html

so a few questions before i get started;
Is this the fulltone ocd?
Are the boxes with numbers in/next to them resistors? i thought resistors were zigzags, well thats what year 12 physics taught me.
Are the 2 rectangles side by side capacitors?
Also is this going to be easy? =p

thanks
Last edited by Milotic at Jul 25, 2010,
resistors are zigzags but for the most part this schematic has been simplified. So yes, the rectangles with numbers are resistors and the side by side boxes are indeed caps. dont forget your diodes and transistors.

I don't think this is too hard, but it's also not to easy either. So brush up on translating schematic into physical wiring. By that i mean, make sure you can understand how the actual wiring will be laid out before you even warm up your soldering iron.
Last edited by Scotsman24` at Jul 25, 2010,
That is European style, we use boxes instead of zigzags for resistors. (In fact, you have it wrong boxes are used wider over the world ).

The schematic is simple enough, go for it!
should i be doing this on a stripboard? etching a pcb seems like alot of work and also sounds quite costly.
Definitely, i use deattachable stripboards (dont know the name), so after you make it perfect you just hardwire it on the stripboard.
thanks for the help guys, ill go check out some solder irons and stuff i need for this project.

Just a quickie, what are the black downward triangles? Could they possibly be ground?
triangles facing downward are indeed grounds!
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Hey

what wattage resistors should i be using. they come in 0.25 0.6, 1 and 5, at my local store.
also, what do i do with the ground, attach them all to the casing?
most people make a ground line on the board to run all the grounds to. pcbs generally have a trace going around the perimeter of the board that all the grounds go to. the ground is connected to the sleeve of the jacks. when using a metal enclosure the jack makes contact with the case anyways so there is no need to ground it.
Quote by DiXX
That is European style, we use boxes instead of zigzags for resistors. (In fact, you have it wrong boxes are used wider over the world ).

the standard resistor symbol is the "zigzag" as we are calling it. boxes are not used wider over the world or whatever, using them is incorrect. people use stuff like that to make it easier for people who dont know the real symbols. however, all over the world, the real symbol is still the "zigzag."
^Jof knows his shit, and speaks the truth always.

I still haven't made that a/b/c or whatever it's called box you helped me with that one time. I need to order parts for it. Just, no cash with this guitar-building addiction I've got.
..I was watching my death.
0.25W should be fine with any 9volt circuit.
The ground is connected to the 0volt side of the battery and the earth of the jack connectors.

And I always use box resistors because they're easier to draw on paint
Also, I'm in the UK so I normally see box resistors on schematics. It's not as if other symbols are a foreign language - it's best to know all of them!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Ill be using a strip board. Since I'm a noob, ill probably just wire each ground to single cable, then connect that to the case.
Ibanez Rg570EX
-Nailbomb & Liquifire
ENGL screamer 50
Dynacomp-TS9/808-OCD-Phase 90-Small Clone.