So I've been looking to trade my Vox AC30CC2 for either a head version or another amp with decent cleans to A/B with my Dual Rec. I was offered an early 1970's Fender Twin Reverb that was blackfaced to 1964 specs for a straight up trade. While I was originally looking for another AC30, I'm thinking the Fender might be able do what I need.

Basically, I could use some opinions on why I should or shouldn't trade for the Fender. Thanks!
what do you play?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Is it really necessary to trade it? I'm just confused why you don't want to AB with the Vox you already have... make it easier for lugging gear to shows maybe?
I have a huge fear if rays.
Mostly classic rock (Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin) and modern stuff like Foo Fighters, Muse, Incubus, etc.

I use the Dual Rec for my heavier sounds and just need an amp to can handle cleans well.

Also, I would rather not lug around the Vox because it's quite heavy as it is. The guy who wants to trade converted the amp from a combo into a head, which would be easier for me to lug around.
Last edited by azninvasion711 at Jul 25, 2010,
your gonna wanna find a way to prove that he blackfaced it correctly cause those 70's fenders are garbage.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Skagasm
your gonna wanna find a way to prove that he blackfaced it correctly cause those 70's fenders are garbage.

can you go into a little more detail as to why?

seems like everyone else says go for it but i'd like to know your reasoning.
no if it has been blackfaced than its amazing, but the in 1969 i think fender silverfaces changed up the AB763 circuit to one of these three cant remember AC568, AA769, AA270. these circuits were terrible compared the the original blackface. the master volume control and the whole boost features really brought down the lushness of the amp. and to denied, how can you question that when silverfaces cost about 800 and blackfaces are upwards of 2grand. ive been messing with fender amps all my life and i know their circuitry very well, if it has been properly blackfaced than it is an excellent idea but if its a plain ole silverface with a silverface circuit your vox is better. can i ask how much he is asking cause it might not be a good deal.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!