okay, i didnt know if should have put this under a different forum or not but i figured since the main question is about music theory a bit...i figured it went here sooo

what key is empty inside by all that remains in? there is a good tab of it that says it is G major but G major has a F sharp in it....and i was wondering if maybe it is in F major? and if it really is in g major..then why are there F's in the song and not F sharps? im confused....some help?
Looks like D minor to me, which all of their songs seem to be in (originality, HO! but it's metalcore so I digress).
okay so i was right thanks Ascendant :3

Originality, HO? what? lol

im just learning about all this stuff A LOT later than i should have and im just making sure i get it, you know? lol
Yeah, D minor.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by megapenguin
okay so i was right thanks Ascendant :3

Actually, no, you were not right. D minor may be the relative minor to F major, but the song does not want to resolve to F and doesn't sound very major to me, it resolves to D, thus it is in D minor. It's an important difference, especially if you want to be picky.
Last edited by Ascendant at Jul 25, 2010,
Quote by Ascendant
Actually, no, you were not right. D minor may be the relative minor to F major, but the song does not want to resolve to F and doesn't sound very major to me, it resolves to D, thus it is in D minor. It's an important difference, especially if you want to be picky.
Yup. D minor and F major sound very different, even though they have the same key signature.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea