Hey, I recently bought some new 9 volt battery clips to fix my broken pedal, but while my old clip had a bare metal part where you solder the original wire that came with the pedal, these clips already have a wire.
I tried opening up the pedal to take out the old clip and just solder the new one on where the old one used to go, but the pedal (a DOD FX56) has the electronics firmly in place over where I need to get.

So, after one long rant, my question is: Can I just solder the wires from my new clips onto the old wires?

Thanks for the help
Quote by Kensai
Don't dig up the past, TS. You're not gonna like what you find.
Quote by TheHammer
Hey, I recently bought some new 9 volt battery clips to fix my broken pedal, but while my old clip had a bare metal part where you solder the original wire that came with the pedal, these clips already have a wire.
I tried opening up the pedal to take out the old clip and just solder the new one on where the old one used to go, but the pedal (a DOD FX56) has the electronics firmly in place over where I need to get.

So, after one long rant, my question is: Can I just solder the wires from my new clips onto the old wires?

Thanks for the help

Yeah, no reason why not. As long as you get the polarity right. Much better to do that, than risk knackering your pedal by removing bits to get at the terminals.

If you had some heat shrink tubing, then you could shrink that over the joint as well to insulate and protect it.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!